2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

3 hours ago, ebod39 said:

"They should switch to these, but change everything about them"

Alright, I'll rephrase what I wrote to make you happy.  Take the basic design as a starting point, but make changes that I don't think look right on the uniform.  The Capitals font is unnecessary.  For me, the Screaming Eagle is weirdly drawn.  The Weagle might not be perfect, but I prefer it over the Screaming Eagle.  Happy now?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Another reason why fanatics monopoly is the worst thing to happen to sports merchandizing 

I had to order mine through shop.nhl which is run by fanatics, but fanatics' own website never listed it.    Adidas and/or NHL must not have anticipated the demand, and it appears the release is staggered.

Finally, on Sunday, December 6, the embargo will lift and other retailers will be able to sell its Capitals’ Reverse Retro stock too. One of the stores, Dick’s Sporting Goods, will have blank Capitals’ authentic jerseys and authentic jerseys of Alex Ovechkin available for sale online in all sizes. This might be the best way for Capitals fans from out of town to land a Reverse Retro sweater.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/12/02/capitals-reverse-retro-jerseys-sold-out-online-in-record-time-on-tuesday-here-are-the-best-places-to-buy-moving-forward/

1 hour ago, Bill81361 said:

Adidas and/or NHL must not have anticipated the demand

Could the demand be fueled by the scarcity?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Could the demand be fueled by the scarcity?

I don’t think so. Nobody knew how many were released. Demand has likely been driven by holiday shopping, good looking jerseys, and people in strong hockey markets missing hockey. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The angle of the logo is also off from what the Wild use on the jerseys. The Wild use an angle that is slightly more tilted down to the left.

Good catch.

2iOQsUl.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

15 hours ago, VC// said:

My feelings about your replies are your username. Don't care. 

Meme Reaction GIF

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 12/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, Survival79 said:

Good catch.

2iOQsUl.png

That to me looks like a shoddy inversion done in photoshop. The trees should be darker than the sky, that usually how a sunset works. 

I'm going to just say it - I really like the red and green Minnesota use. I could maybe do without the yellow, but overall it's a unique, classic looking design thanks in no part to the colour scheme.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

That to me looks like a shoddy inversion done in photoshop.

It was actually done in Microsoft Paint.

😂

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Before Reverse Retro, we had heard rumblings of:

- Changes to the home and road Avs set

- Slight modifications to the Avs' alternate

- A navy Caps alternate, which would replace the red throwback 

- SJ teasing the original sweaters from 30 years ago

All seems quiet now, and with news that we may be 5 weeks away from puck-drop, is there a sense that teams were told to scrap any other jersey updates til next October? Or, was there just a "lid" put on other jersey news for a while so RR fervor wasn't interrupted?

Just curious if anyone knew. 

14 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I gotta say it has grown on me since they were leaked but I really doesn’t create a push for the 90's jerseys to come back. I would rank their current uniforms a top 5 look in the league. 

I hope this at least creates a push for the team to ditch the contrasting nameplates on the main jerseys. The white name looks great on the orange jersey.

The Flyers one looks great on a player.  Much better than when it just leaked.  I can't tell if the sock striping is b/w/b or b/o/w/o/b, i'm assuming the latter but I couldn't see it.  I do like the Flyer's current home/road (aside from the road collar) but if they went back to these designs it would be a welcome update [again].  

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Before Reverse Retro, we had heard rumblings of:

- Changes to the home and road Avs set

- Slight modifications to the Avs' alternate

- A navy Caps alternate, which would replace the red throwback 

- SJ teasing the original sweaters from 30 years ago

All seems quiet now, and with news that we may be 5 weeks away from puck-drop, is there a sense that teams were told to scrap any other jersey updates til next October? Or, was there just a "lid" put on other jersey news for a while so RR fervor wasn't interrupted?

Just curious if anyone knew. 

There's precedent for teams revealing stuff like alternates during the season, but I also wouldn't be shocked if part of it is just due to manufacturing delays rather than lidding things for Reverse Retro; those jerseys would've sold well regardless because it's a new idea, and new ideas always sell at first.

30 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I hope this at least creates a push for the team to ditch the contrasting nameplates on the main jerseys. The white name looks great on the orange jersey.

I also hope they go back to black C/As on the white jersey. White letters on white jerseys always looked dumb. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived