2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Donā€™t you hate when a client advocates against good taste?

I used to get pretty salty about it, but the older I get, the more I realize that the job is equal parts artistic talent andĀ convincing the client thatĀ your concept andĀ vision areĀ worth pursuing. If you canā€™t convince the client that the good ideas are good, it usually means you couldĀ have doneĀ a better job, too; canā€™t put it all on the client.

Ā 

Sometimes you just have to make the best out of a tough situationĀ and move on. šŸ˜‚

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There's something inĀ my mind that tells me how strict the regulations on displaying ads are. I know it's pure greed, but how far are you going to enforce those rules.

Ā 

The lot of you would say, 'Make it Illegal'. For obvious reasons.

18 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

There's something inĀ my mind that tells me how strict the regulations on displaying ads are. I know it's pure greed, but how far are you going to enforce those rules.

Ā 

The lot of you would say, 'Make it Illegal'. For obvious reasons.

What are you trying to say?Ā 

3 hours ago, dont care said:

What are you trying to say?Ā 

The majority of the hockey fandom don't want ads on jerseys. Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

Ā 

The second part is the obvious answer.

4 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

Ā 

Ā 

You have made forgotten of the Hornets court 2006. That was the season of the addition ofĀ toning inside the arch. The hexagon should be of more size.Ā Thanks for your my apologies.

ā™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneĀ ā™«

Apologies if this has already been discussed, the Ducks haven'tĀ put out a full body model of the Reverse Retro yet, but according to the EA NHL graphics, they're going with the dark Mighty Ducks socks and not the whites, which seems interesting.

Ā 

They wore those socks with the original Wild Wing jerseys, which were dark, so I don't know why they didn't go with the white socks to match the white of the jerseys and to complete the full Reverse Retro of the set.

IbjBaeE.png

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, the Ducks haven'tĀ put out a full body model of the Reverse Retro yet, but according to the EA NHL graphics, they're going with the dark Mighty Ducks socks and not the whites, which seems interesting.

Ā 

They wore those socks with the original Wild Wing jerseys, which were dark, so I don't know why they didn't go with the white socks to match the white of the jerseys and to complete the full Reverse Retro of the set.

Ā 

I saw that as well. Wouldn't put too much stock in what EA does uniform wise.

15 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

The majority of the hockey fandom don't want ads on jerseys. Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

Ā 

You mean patches in team colors? Still garbage, no thanks. How about no ads at all on the players?

Ā 

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Ā 

Wouldn't be the first lazy mistake EA sports makes. Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to their inaccuracies on this very forum? lol

5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Yeah thankfully players are never shown in closeup during games

Oh no, you might see a glimpse of an ad for like 4-5 seconds before a replay, how horrible and sacrilegious /s

Ā 

The fact is the NHLĀ hasĀ to recoup the loss of gate and the financial hit from the pandemicĀ somehow. This is just the way they want to do it; and if keeping the league's finances healthy means an ad on the helmet, I don't really see the big problem here. And really, it's not like helmet logos haveĀ everĀ made or broken a uniform design, either.

Archived