squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

Just now, andrewharrington said:


We found them easy, too. Not everyone sees it the same way, unfortunately. 🙂


Don’t you hate when a client advocates against good taste?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:


Don’t you hate when a client advocates against good taste?


I used to get pretty salty about it, but the older I get, the more I realize that the job is equal parts artistic talent and convincing the client that your concept and vision are worth pursuing. If you can’t convince the client that the good ideas are good, it usually means you could have done a better job, too; can’t put it all on the client.

 

Sometimes you just have to make the best out of a tough situation and move on. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

 

Sometimes you just have to make the best out of a tough situation and move on. 😂


And hey, you always get a chance to reuse your ideas on another project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's something in my mind that tells me how strict the regulations on displaying ads are. I know it's pure greed, but how far are you going to enforce those rules.

 

The lot of you would say, 'Make it Illegal'. For obvious reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

There's something in my mind that tells me how strict the regulations on displaying ads are. I know it's pure greed, but how far are you going to enforce those rules.

 

The lot of you would say, 'Make it Illegal'. For obvious reasons.

What are you trying to say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dont care said:

What are you trying to say? 

The majority of the hockey fandom don't want ads on jerseys. Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

 

The second part is the obvious answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

 

The second part is the obvious answer.

 

You have made forgotten of the Hornets court 2006. That was the season of the addition of toning inside the arch. The hexagon should be of more size. Thanks for your my apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been discussed, the Ducks haven't put out a full body model of the Reverse Retro yet, but according to the EA NHL graphics, they're going with the dark Mighty Ducks socks and not the whites, which seems interesting.

 

They wore those socks with the original Wild Wing jerseys, which were dark, so I don't know why they didn't go with the white socks to match the white of the jerseys and to complete the full Reverse Retro of the set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, the Ducks haven't put out a full body model of the Reverse Retro yet, but according to the EA NHL graphics, they're going with the dark Mighty Ducks socks and not the whites, which seems interesting.

 

They wore those socks with the original Wild Wing jerseys, which were dark, so I don't know why they didn't go with the white socks to match the white of the jerseys and to complete the full Reverse Retro of the set.

 

I saw that as well. Wouldn't put too much stock in what EA does uniform wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

The majority of the hockey fandom don't want ads on jerseys. Would it a change a little if the league has strict rules on how to show one?

 

The second part is the obvious answer.

You mean patches in team colors? Still garbage, no thanks. How about no ads at all on the players?

 

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, the Ducks haven't put out a full body model of the Reverse Retro yet, but according to the EA NHL graphics, they're going with the dark Mighty Ducks socks and not the whites, which seems interesting.

 

They wore those socks with the original Wild Wing jerseys, which were dark, so I don't know why they didn't go with the white socks to match the white of the jerseys and to complete the full Reverse Retro of the set.

Wouldn't be the first lazy mistake EA sports makes. Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to their inaccuracies on this very forum? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested to see how this looks across the league.  Hopefully nothing too gaudy but sponsors aren’t gonna want to have their logos blend in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Saw this on twitter today.

 

"Raise $15 million," what, like they're selling wrapping paper and fudge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

 

"Raise $15 million," what, like they're selling wrapping paper and fudge?

I'm holding out for the first-annual NHL fudge recipe cookbook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm holding out for the first-annual NHL fudge recipe cookbook. 

 

That's not powdered sugar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm holding out for the first-annual NHL fudge recipe cookbook. 


That’s not chocolate...

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a mockup of a sponsor logo on the helmet. I hate it but don't think it will be too noticeable while watching a game. No idea on the placement but since the NHL requires the jersey number up front, I doubt they place it there.

 

O8dR0oa.png

 

F7bAKkZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

Did a mockup of a sponsor logo on the helmet. I hate it but don't think it will be too noticeable while watching a game.

 

Yeah thankfully players are never shown in closeup during games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Yeah thankfully players are never shown in closeup during games

Oh no, you might see a glimpse of an ad for like 4-5 seconds before a replay, how horrible and sacrilegious /s

 

The fact is the NHL has to recoup the loss of gate and the financial hit from the pandemic somehow. This is just the way they want to do it; and if keeping the league's finances healthy means an ad on the helmet, I don't really see the big problem here. And really, it's not like helmet logos have ever made or broken a uniform design, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.