2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

13 minutes ago, Morgo said:

With you on the striping and fonts but teal made that look.

Meh, if they were a '90s expansion team the teal would've been fine, but they were just jumping on a fad to try and boost merch sales.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all,

Heard from an acquaintance who works for the Yotes that the Kachina logo is on its way towards becoming the primary logo for the team once again. The team is phasing out the Coyote head logo and may very well adopt the Kachina full time and discontinue the old styling. The team has already ditched the old logo in marketing and was planning on wearing solely the Kachina uniform at home games if they were in the playoffs.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Just saw something on twitter the other day where one of the main reporters, forget who, seemingly out of nowhere asked Jacob Chycrun his thoughts on the Kachina jersey and he said the players love them and want to wear them more. So maybe something brewing. 

I like the design of the Kachina jersey, but I think the colours are all too dark.  Maybe a slightly brighter green.  I prefer the current logo over the Kachina.  Too bad they can't go back to the 2003-07 set and keep the Kachina as the alternate.

5 hours ago, M4One said:

I like the design of the Kachina jersey, but I think the colours are all too dark.  Maybe a slightly brighter green.  I prefer the current logo over the Kachina.  Too bad they can't go back to the 2003-07 set and keep the Kachina as the alternate.

Ech, no thanks. I found that set exceedingly dull. All burgundy and three white stripes was dull then and it's dull now.

I say make the Kachinas the primaries, but use the new color scheme in them. Sand, red, black, maybe some purple to spice things up, and you're golden.

I can't get behind the Kachina as a primary. People like it now because it's a 90s nostalgic uniform that's being used sparingly. Once it becomes a primary, it's gonna lose its charm. Keep it as an alternative. 

XM4KeeA.png

15 minutes ago, insert name said:

I can't get behind the Kachina as a primary. People like it now because it's a 90s nostalgic uniform that's being used sparingly. Once it becomes a primary, it's gonna lose it's charm. Keep it as an alternative. 

The locals love the kachina jerseys, as do Coyotes fans in general (me among them). Given that the players like them and ownership is very high on them, going back to that direction was inevitable.

Besides, this isn't a 1967 expansion team or an Original Six club. It's a team established in 1996 with an iconic look, I don't really feel there's a need for the Coyotes to try to be overly-classic looking. Appeal to the market's desires, and the market is pretty firmly in the Kachina camp.

That, and the Kachina is when the team had it's most prolonged success; they've been mostly a disaster on ice since moving to the Howling Coyote outside of the 2011-12 season. 

The Kachina's toe the line between classic and modern perfectly. It's a traditional hockey striping design, but with the flare of the pattern on the stripes.

I also love the picassoyote. Maybe it's nostalgia, but if even it is IDC, I loved that logo as a kid and still love it now.

I think the current version of the Kachina jerseys is maybe the only example of the Adidas collars improving a design. I always thought the biggest weakness of the originals was how big and clunky the collars were. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I hope that they make some tweaks to the design if they decide to pull the trigger on making the logo the primary. The big triangular yoke made the thing a little too busy, IMO.

I like the katchina jerseys in concept, but execution wise it's a bit of a mess and they look way too dark. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

They also need to add "ARIZONA" to the shoulder patches. They look too empty with just half of the name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

I think they should just use the head of the Kachina coyote as the primary logo. Would be a good compromise between the current and original look, plus the head looks less busy on a jersey than the full body coyote. 

You mean like this bad boy?

spacer.png

12 hours ago, insert name said:

I can't get behind the Kachina as a primary. People like it now because it's a 90s nostalgic uniform that's being used sparingly. Once it becomes a primary, it's gonna lose its charm. Keep it as an alternative. 

Some day in a not too distant future there will be people clamouring for the return of the Buffaslug.

2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Some day in a not too distant future there will be people clamouring for the return of the Buffaslug.

I would never put the Kachina uniforms in the same category as the Buffaslug. 

12 hours ago, insert name said:

That's a terrible take. If it's your best look, make it your primary. The Kachina is their best look, therefore, it should be the primary after significant cleanup of the shades/changing it up enough to justify keeping the throwback set.

Archived