2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Penguins have just announced the worst looking helmet sponsorship so far:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, henburg said:

That Penguins one is inexcusable. 

800px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Nice, they look like the Lightning now. There was nothing wrong with the black gear

They look like the Lightning? lol do the Lightning wear burgundy jerseys? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Nice, they look like the Lightning now. There was nothing wrong with the black gear

Only because of the black PRACTICE sweaters...  They won't look anything like Tampa in a real game....

Just now, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'm only seeing grey and black jerseys in the picture I quoted. Lightning colours

Practice jerseys. Practice. 

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

No, really? I could have sworn those were the new jerseys

Why are you worried about practice jerseys looking like the Lightning? I'm more worried about the actual jerseys...but you do you. 

40 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

True. But there are too many red, white and blue teams. Colorado were the only red, white, blue and black team

It's not a loss to jettison when you already have a dark color that contrasts with the rest of your color scheme (burgundy) and streamlines the palette of the team's primary uniforms to three main colors; burgundy, blue and silver.

Black was always superfluous to the team's overall look, and without that thin jersey stripe to give the faint veneer of justification, they looked like they came from a completely different uniform than the rest of the uniform. Even if you really wanted that two-stripe look...you have navy blue in your colorways already. Black is completely useless when you have both burgundy and navy as dark color options. It's just redundant at that point as a jersey element.

Biting the bullet and just finally ditching the superfluous black equipment in favor of color matching is just an aesthetic improvement.

43 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'm only seeing grey and black jerseys in the picture I quoted. Lightning colours

Practice jerseys come in all kinds of colors, and black is one of them.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Even if you really wanted that two-stripe look...you have navy blue in your colorways already. Black is useless when you have both burgundy and navy as dark color options.

Black preceeded the navy though. Navy wasn't a team color in 1996. 

37 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

True. But there are too many red, white and blue teams. Colorado were the only red, white, blue and black team

Colorado wears burgundy, not red. Even with the blue equipment, no one is going to be confusing them for the Habs or Capitals.

51 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It's not a loss to jettison when you already have a dark color that contrasts with the rest of your color scheme (burgundy) and streamlines the palette of the team's primary uniforms to three main colors; burgundy, blue and silver.

Black was always superfluous to the team's overall look, and without that thin jersey stripe to give the faint veneer of justification, they looked like they came from a completely different uniform than the rest of the uniform. Even if you really wanted that two-stripe look...you have navy blue in your colorways already. Black is completely useless when you have both burgundy and navy as dark color options. It's just redundant at that point as a jersey element.

Biting the bullet and just finally ditching the superfluous black equipment in favor of color matching is just an aesthetic improvement.

Practice jerseys come in all kinds of colors, and black is one of them.

Still typing in this very condescending way, I see. Underlining words doesn't make what you say any more true, you know? That's just your opinion anyway. I think the black gear looked fine

37 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Colorado wears burgundy, not red. Even with the blue equipment, no one is going to be confusing them for the Habs or Capitals.

And no one is confusing the Habs for the Capitals either. They stood out better with the black gear imo

11 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Still typing in this very condescending way, I see. Underlining words doesn't make what you say any more true, you know?

Putting emphasis on words isn't condescending, those are very different things. If I were trying to be condescending, I'd be :censored:-talking you for your opinion not being like mine, not explaining my own opinion about the matter.

That's just your opinion anyway. I think the black gear looked fine

And I think it looks like a beer-league team that doesn't have matching equipment for their jerseys. I'm not pretending I speak for everybody here, that'd be :censored:ing dumb; but I think it's not a good look for a pro sports franchise to look like they just came into the rink with a set of basic black helmets and gloves they bought at the local shop.

18 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Putting emphasis on words isn't condescending, those are very different things. If I were trying to be condescending, I'd be :censored:-talking you for your opinion, not explaining my own opinion about the matter.

You're the only one doing that. It feels condescending, as if you want your posts to stand out from the others because your opinion is better than everyone else's. For what it's worth, I liked the black gear because it was a quirk. Like Boston's yellow socks, NYR's lettering instead of a logo, the Blackhawks using about 30 colors in their logo while the jerseys are red, white and black only or any team that uses mismatching home and away jerseys. It was part of the charm and like it or not, black has always been part of their colour scheme

10 hours ago, alecgoff said:

This would have been the perfect opportunity to fix the coloring error on the left skate, but Arizona dropped the ball yet again. 

It’s being addressed. These things literally take years to fix sometimes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And no one is confusing the Habs for the Capitals either. They stood out better with the black gear imo

Well they both wear red jerseys & socks with blue pants & helmets. Yes, the shades of blue are different, but they're closer to each other than they are to Colorado.

Archived