2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Not bad, just a black or white single color logo.  No huge contrasting colors that go against team colors.

Is that canes logo new at the bottom too?  Nice way to keep the Canes branding on the helmet.

No.  They've had that logo on the helmet before.

spacer.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, M4One said:

No.  They've had that logo on the helmet before.

But not in that spot.  So instead of just removing the Canes logo altogether, they found a way to have the sponsor and the Canes logo on the helmet still.

4 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

But not in that spot.  So instead of just removing the Canes logo altogether, they found a way to have the sponsor and the Canes logo on the helmet still.

I misunderstood what your question was.  I was thinking you were asking if that logo was new, but it seems like you were wondering about the placement instead.

9 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

I'm surprised that teams can wear their Reverse Retro jerseys that often. I figured it would just be max 2-3 times. I wonder if Edmonton will wear theirs when they meet on 2/6.

The Habs are also wearing theirs 6 times. I also thought it would be worn 2-3 times. Good news for most teams. Bad news for Leafs and Wings fans lol

23 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

10-15 years ago before corporate social media took off? Probably. Today, not so much. Lots of small, individual staffs times 30 teams in a league times 5 or 6 leagues, plus hundreds of colleges and universities... It’s a pretty robust industry now (COVID-pending).

Was it Bucfan, McCarthy, both, or neither who worked for a team? Someone I like here said it's all entry-level, they chew you up and spit you out with the knowledge that you're completely fungible and that there are ten other green-as-grass kids straight outta college who will take your job and take the crap if you won't. I mean, that's pretty much all office jobs in 2021, but in sports it's especially notable how little prestige or dignity there is behind the scenes. Sounds like it's taking the place of radio as the rectum of show business. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, TheLAKnight said:

spacer.png

I'm surprised that teams can wear their Reverse Retro jerseys that often. I figured it would just be max 2-3 times. I wonder if Edmonton will wear theirs when they meet on 2/6.

It would be a wasted opportunity if teams didn't wear them against each other.  I'm not advocating for teams to start carrying around both of their primary sets, but I'd be okay if it were the retros or another vintage jersey for special occasions once in a while.  It makes even more sense this year when teams are playing against each other two or three times in a row.

Lou Lamoriello and the Islanders have announced their helmet sponsor:

DDgB2juUIAAyDZY.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On the whole helmet ads debate, I probably would have had a different opinion a year ago, thinking only of the ‘purity’ of the uniform and the aesthetic like those opposed to the ads do. However, the circumstances have changed. I follow lots of graphic designers and social media managers around the league on Twitter, and I’ve seen how many of them have been furloughed. Extrapolated to the hundreds of other lower level workers per team, it clearly shows that even though the owners aren’t in danger of losing anything tangible from pandemic losses, many, many others are. While yes, it’s possible they just opened Pandora’s box, if those ads save just a few lower level workers’ jobs, so be it. While we are a uniform design forum, I think some of you should think a little more of the human impact before parroting greed, in my opinion.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Why did they use the previous home sock pattern for those? Shouldn’t they be reversed, with a white stripe in the middle, and black on the outside? That would be the true reverse of the white jersey, which is the one they’re reverse throwing back to, a la the white cuffs.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

Historical reasoning or not... those mismatching stripes hurt my eyes. The white cuff sucks, too. Looks really out of place.

I agree that the socks should use the same stripes as the arms. Still it's nice to see the traditional color back.

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Why did they use the previous home sock pattern for those? Shouldn’t they be reversed, with a white stripe in the middle, and black on the outside? That would be the true reverse of the white jersey, which is the one they’re reverse throwing back to, a la the white cuffs.

Well the yellow socks had a white stripe in the middle back then, so technically it's a reverse of the socks they wore with the black jerseys

11 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Avs RR shorts and gloves:

How come they're the only team breaking in all their different colored gear? I can't wait to see Anaheim's RR equipment. Will the gloves and pants be period accurate or will they go with boring 2003-2006 solid eggplant?

Archived