2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

shows NHL 21 has at least accuracy issue with the Avs

You can't trust EA with uniforms. This isn't new. And if you consider the gloves part of the uniform like I do, they regularly get those wrong as well. Didn't they show the Preds RR uniforms with navy helmets too? Anaheim wearing colored socks makes no sense, pretty sure they also got that wrong

7 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

On the whole helmet ads debate, I probably would have had a different opinion a year ago, thinking only of the ‘purity’ of the uniform and the aesthetic like those opposed to the ads do. However, the circumstances have changed. I follow lots of graphic designers and social media managers around the league on Twitter, and I’ve seen how many of them have been furloughed. Extrapolated to the hundreds of other lower level workers per team, it clearly shows that even though the owners aren’t in danger of losing anything tangible from pandemic losses, many, many others are. While yes, it’s possible they just opened Pandora’s box, if those ads save just a few lower level workers’ jobs, so be it. While we are a uniform design forum, I think some of you should think a little more of the human impact before parroting greed, in my opinion.

I'm in the same boat. I will definitely withhold derogatory comments about the ads until stadiums can sell out again. If they stay past then, then I will definitely have issues

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I can't wait to see Anaheim's RR equipment. Will the gloves and pants be period accurate or will they go with boring 2003-2006 solid eggplant?

The Ducks haven't done anything really for the reverse retros yet, outside of the release and telling people when they were on sale.

They did have the pant stripes when they did the 1993 throwbacks for their 20th anniversary, but just went with all-eggplant gloves.

IbjBaeE.png

sorry if this has been covered, but the Avs will have 3 pairs of breezers?  royal:

navy: Image

burgandy:

All three have different striping, AFAIK first time Avs pants have ever had stripes.  I'm assuming the burgandy pants are only for retro and navy pants only for 3rd jersey ... any idea if they can / will mix and match?

42 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

sorry if this has been covered, but the Avs will have 3 pairs of breezers?  royal:

navy: Image

burgandy:

All three have different striping, AFAIK first time Avs pants have ever had stripes.  I'm assuming the burgandy pants are only for retro and navy pants only for 3rd jersey ... any idea if they can / will mix and match?

yes that is correct.  The first pair, steel blue, do not have stripes.  

As far as I know, each pair is for the respective uniform only,  no mix and match. 

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Well the yellow socks had a white stripe in the middle back then, so technically it's a reverse of the socks they wore with the black jerseys

How come they're the only team breaking in all their different colored gear? I can't wait to see Anaheim's RR equipment. Will the gloves and pants be period accurate or will they go with boring 2003-2006 solid eggplant?

To break them in so they aren’t having to during the season.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Ducks haven't done anything really for the reverse retros yet, outside of the release and telling people when they were on sale.

They did have the pant stripes when they did the 1993 throwbacks for their 20th anniversary, but just went with all-eggplant gloves.

The gloves were boring. It's kinda become a new trend for gloves to be boring in general, except for Vegas pretty much

25 minutes ago, dont care said:

To break them in so they aren’t having to during the season.

I know, I'm just wondering why the Avs are the only ones doing it

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

navy:

burgandy:

Mixing and matching could be cool. Burgundy pants and gloves would look better than blue with the away jerseys. Probably not gonna happen though

16 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Sabres add sponsor logos to helmets:  

Buffalo becomes the first team to have different sponsored road and home helmets where the home helmet has the arena sponsor and the away helmet doesn’t.  

The norm has been away helmet with the arena sponsor. 

spacer.png

Carolina's wearing their Reverse Retro for only 2 games. Should be a classic-ish match up since Chicago and Detroit are the only teams from their division who played against the original version of this uniform plus they both still wear pretty much the same thing as they did back then. 

On 1/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, lahaye7 said:

couldn't the teams just make these helmet sponsor logos , like a contrasting team color? This one could be black instead of blue. Guess then it wouldn't be so glaring. 

Likely because of a few things.

1- The sponsor has a branding guide that may not allow for modification outiside of a few key colors.

2- Making it team colors will make it blend in and devalue the branding (see #1).

1 hour ago, TheLAKnight said:

spacer.png

Carolina's wearing their Reverse Retro for only 2 games. Should be a classic-ish match up since Chicago and Detroit are the only teams from their division who played against the original version of this uniform plus they both still wear pretty much the same thing as they did back then. 

Teams really need to start doing multi-coloured gloves again. They look so sharp. Montreal is the only team doing that on their primary uniforms I think right?

9 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Likely because of a few things.

1- The sponsor has a branding guide that may not allow for modification outiside of a few key colors.

2- Making it team colors will make it blend in and devalue the branding (see #1).

I was being a little sarcastic. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, Osgiliath-Guard said:

Teams really need to start doing multi-coloured gloves again. They look so sharp. Montreal is the only team doing that on their primary uniforms I think right?

There's a few teams.  Vegas, Washington, Rangers, Islanders, and Calgary.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived