2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

I’m probably gonna get flamed for this but watching the Pens and Flyers, I honestly barely notice the helmet ads, if at all.

I said that when I was watching the Leafs' scrimmage; the helmet ads are barely even noticeable on the standard game camera angle. If something this minor is what it took to even have this season, then so be it.

56 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

I’m probably gonna get flamed for this but watching the Pens and Flyers, I honestly barely notice the helmet ads, if at all.

No kidding. I couldn't understand the outrage about these ads. They'll be forgotten about in 3 seconds once the games start. It's a helmet - really doesn't matter.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

48 minutes ago, Bayne said:

No kidding. I couldn't understand the outrage about these ads. They'll be forgotten about in 3 seconds once the games start. It's a helmet - really doesn't matter.

It's almost as if people don't understand that the NHL (like pretty much any business on the planet) lost revenue last year and they needed ways to recover it. I'm not hopped up about 'em either, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

(First line of my reply not directed at you, but rather at the general outrage)

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Why don’t they just put ads all over the glass?

The Flyers used to have virtual ads on the glass behind the net and behind the benches. I know I had to make them the past few seasons. Either they're not doing it this year, or we lost our sponsorship with the Wells Fargo Center.

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Can't see the ads, can you, Russ?

🙄

If you close your eyes after the 12 second mark you won't see the ads at all, no big deal

1 hour ago, ChiCity95 said:

It's almost as if people don't understand that the NHL (like pretty much any business on the planet) lost revenue last year and they needed ways to recover it.

What makes you think there's anybody who doesn't understand this?

Why does the Vancouver store still sell the jerseys with "Vancouver" in the front? They haven't worn these for a couple of years now. For example, I want a Hughes one but they only have the old one which he never even wore since he was a rookie last season. Makes no sense. 

44 minutes ago, San Diego said:

Why does the Vancouver store still sell the jerseys with "Vancouver" in the front? They haven't worn these for a couple of years now. For example, I want a Hughes one but they only have the old one which he never even wore since he was a rookie last season. Makes no sense. 

They only changed that last season; 2017-18 and 2018-19 they still had it. Hughes debuted for the Canucks in March of 2019 (so the 18-19 season), so there'd be some Hughes jerseys of that style kicking around.

39 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

In-game look at the Avs' new gear on the ice. Looks super sharp.

As a native Coloradan, it will take some getting used to but it feels much more cohesive than black did. I dig it. I'm not sure how it will look with the white jersey though...

Lots of people, at least on social media, brought up the inconsistency with the blue helmets. It looks like the steel blue shade the Avs use is really hard to replicate, as expected. Not as big an issue from distance, but most, if not all, of the helmets end up looking more royal than steel blue. Reminds me of the Vikings shade of purple when they first came out with their newest set. Still an upgrade though.Image

EDIT: Here's a better look at a more "steel blue" helmet. Still some inconsistencies.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

32 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Lots of people, at least on social media, brought up the inconsistency with the blue helmets. It looks like the steel blue shade the Avs use is really hard to replicate, as expected. Not as big an issue from distance, but most, if not all, of the helmets end up looking more royal than steel blue.

The solution? Switch to black equipment like the Mighty Ducks did.

kmFEQd2.gif

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Archived