2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Must be a manufacturing thing, then.

This is always what happens when you go with anything beside black, navy, royal, red or white. Different brands usually have different shades for specific colors and in this case it's pretty obvious. I'd be really curious seeing a Bauer Avs helmet next to one of their regular royal, it seems like they didn't bother and went with the standard shade seeing it next to the Blues jersey...

Coyotes Add ‘LA49’ Decal to Helmets for Leighton Accardo

January 14, 2021 - 16:17 PM

The Arizona Coyotes will honour the memory of Leighton Accardo by way of a special decal applied to the back of their helmets throughout the 2020-21 NHL season. Accardo was a 9-year-old avid hockey fan who played for the Coyotes youth team the Kachinas and was “beloved by the Coyotes

Read More...

14 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

What makes you think there's anybody who doesn't understand this?

A majority of complaints that I've seen online regarding the ads on helmets (and if you want to bring in another sport, the NBA with baseline ads on certain courts) has people glossing over the fact that the virus cost the NHL to lose money and they needed some way to get that money back. Of course, people who use the Internet to rant don't understand logic, so...

3 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Edmonton going with the navy alts on opening night. 

Can those be tossed in the 🗑 next year?

I see the logo and look is now the Oilers' main image and profile photo on Twitter.

Again...why? These can't become their primaries, right?

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

This is always what happens when you go with anything beside black

FTFY. Red isn't as noticeable as other colors but if you had a red CCM helmet in one hand and a red Bauer helmet in the other, you could tell it's slightly different. Bauer's shade of white has always been a bit more dull. Their navy is darker. Green has a lighter and more saturated, etc. It's no big deal most of the time no one would notice. Maybe the second batch of steel blue Bauer helmets will be less royalspacer.png

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Reminds me of the 90s Red Wings.  Their helmets always were too dark. 

8c4c7e49704efcf6a6c7a0d9eae400c6.jpg

Wasn't it only CCM though? I remember the Cooper helmets looking just fine

2 hours ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

The real solution to this should've been navy equipment.

Wrong. Objectively, it would look worse. Black has always been a trim color at the very least on Avs jerseys, there's not even a stitch of navy blue on any of their home and away jerseys

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It doesn't really help that steel blue is probably an incredibly uncommon color for use on helmets, so there's not as much practice for manufacturing and color-matching that color in helmet shells.

I know at some point in the late 00s-early 10s, the Canadiens' royal blue helmets were a shade or two lighter than the royal blue used by other teams, if that's still the case, Bauer should have just shipped Habs helmets to the Avalanche. Would have been closer to steel blue than what they have now 😂

13 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wrong. Objectively, it would look worse. Black has always been a trim color at the very least on Avs jerseys, there's not even a stitch of navy blue on any of their home and away jerseys

I was more thinking they get rid of all the black on their unis completely (including the black numbers), and replace it with navy. It would be more consistent with their alt as well.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Archived