squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

2 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

I was more thinking they get rid of all the black on their unis completely (including the black numbers), and replace it with navy. It would be more consistent with their alt as well.

Navy puck? Nah. Black is fine

Does anyone else find it very NHL that they opened the season with a nationally televised tripleheader last night, and no teams wore their reverse retros, which were pretty much the talk of the league this offseason

4 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Edmonton going with the navy alts on opening night. 

Can those be tossed in the 🗑 next year?

What I would like to see

Promote the Reverse Retros to the Roads

Bring back the Royals as Homes

Have an Orange Alt

15 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Navy puck? Nah. Black is fine

spacer.png

Eh, dunno. It's barely different from a visual standpoint. Sure, a puck isn't navy blue, but maple leaves aren't blue, either. A northman isn't an stylized igloo with a hockey stick. Dolphins aren't bright teal, and I can't remember seeing a jaguar with a teal nose, eyes and tongue. Logos shouldn't need to be strictly literal about how things are detailed, as long as it looks good.

Hell, the Caps logo has a red hockey puck, which is far more egregiously "wrong" than a navy blue one.

3 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

What I would like to see

Have an Orange Alt

100% bring back royal but I feel like the retro reverse would be too much orange to with the home. 

16 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

What I would like to see

Have an Orange Alt

Hot take warning: The Oilers need to completely change their logos and colors. If not for the 80s dynasty and Gretzky, we'd be seeing their logo and colors for what they are, an extremely dated product of the 70s that has aged horribly. I think going with navy is a step in the right direction at least. We need to take off the nostalgia goggles, going retro sometimes work when the team got it right the first time but imo, the Oilers don't apply. They were onto something in the 90s with the oil worker shoulder patch and copper as a secondary color, not quite it, but it was something. The McFarlane thirds were also onto something, that logo was better than the dated roundel with the disco font and silver and navy is a good color combo that's not used much in the NHL

10 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Eh, dunno. It's barely different from a visual standpoint. Sure, a puck isn't navy blue, but maple leaves aren't blue, either. A northman isn't an stylized igloo with a hockey stick. Dolphins aren't bright teal, and I can't remember seeing a jaguar with a teal nose, eyes and tongue. Logos shouldn't need to be strictly literal about how things are detailed, as long as it looks good.

Hell, the Caps logo has a red hockey puck, which is far more egregiously "wrong" than a navy blue one.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with most of those examples except you can tell the blue leaf is still a leaf, the jaguar with a teal tongue still looks like a jaguar etc. The puck in navy blue doesn't look like a puck anymore, just looks like a weird blue stump. Again, the black is fine. Changing it to the next closest color (well, other than charcoal of course) seems like a lateral move at best, you said it yourself, it's barely noticeable, so why change it? BFBS in reverse lol

eh, the blue pants on the Avs just looks wrong. I know it makes more sense but it still doesn't mean it's correct. 

Wow, only two games for the Coyotes red jersey, and both are on the road on back-to-back days. They're wearing them in Minnesota, so I'm guessing the Wild will go with their reverse retros those days. 

4 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Wow, only two games for the Coyotes red jersey, and both are on the road on back-to-back days. They're wearing them in Minnesota, so I'm guessing the Wild will go with their reverse retros those days. 

I think everyone kinda knew this was coming among the fanbase; I'd be stunned if this isn't indicative of the team's direction in regards to branding.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:45 PM, mcj882000 said:

Hey, you know what would have been a great compromise: if every team just sold their helmet ad-space to charities and relief programs for the year

I'm sure those groups could use the extra eyeballs to get funding and supplies during these uncertain times, and there's a lot you can get away with if it's for charity, after all - the Utah Jazz realised this in 2017, and they didn't even need the excuse of a pandemic either

3 hours ago, LMU said:

The Kings have a helmet sponsor.

oh hey, look, at least one team's doing this the right way

3 hours ago, LMU said:

The Kings have a helmet sponsor.

Omg I have goosebumps from this. I used to be against advertising on uniforms but as long as the corporations are cool then it's literally the most epic thing ever

40 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think everyone kinda knew this was coming among the fanbase; I'd be stunned if this isn't indicative of the team's direction in regards to branding.

That’s too bad. I know it’s somehow an unpopular opinion, but I really like that sweater.

2 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

That’s too bad. I know it’s somehow an unpopular opinion, but I really like that sweater.

The brick red ones?

For the most part, the ads aren’t terrible. Pittsburgh is easily the worst.  The Flyers were also pretty large.