2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

The fact that noone on their opening night is wearing their reverse retro is peak NHL. They couldn’t market their way out of a wet paper bag

Since when have fourth jerseys ever been worn on Opening Night?

6 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

The fact that noone on their opening night is wearing their reverse retro is peak NHL. They couldn’t market their way out of a wet paper bag

I’d rather have teams in all leagues wear regular home and roads for the opening game than alternates. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I’d rather have teams in all leagues wear regular home and roads for the opening game than alternates. 

These are games that are likely to get the most attention all regular season. Why not use them to help market your newest looks? Especially when that was probably the highlight of the weird offseason

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

2 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

These are games that are likely to get the most attention all regular season. Why not use them to help market your newest looks? Especially when that was probably the highlight of the weird offseason

Because again, the league has never had fourth jerseys be used on opening nights even when they're revealed prior to the season starting. It's always been the normal road or home jerseys.

Opening with a look you don't plan to use often is dumb.

53 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Home/season openers should always be primary v away. Always

And yes, this means grey v white in baseball as well. Because exactly. High profile games should be the ones you wear your proper looks.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

16 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I absolutely hate the extra white piping on Buffalo home jerseys... Way too noticeable even from a distance.

The jersey would have been absolutely perfect without it...  Talk about doing the most "Buffalo" thing they could do.

47 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

The jersey would have been absolutely perfect without it...  Talk about doing the most "Buffalo" thing they could do.

It's pretty crazy when you think about it. Bills go with navy uniforms back in the days but add random royal piping with a cluster:censored: navy/royal helmet, current Bills uniforms with totally unnecessary navy trims, Sabres finally switching back to blue in 2006 but go with navy and the buffaslug, ditch these for a more traditional set in 2010 but add stupid front piping, grey trims and front numbers... Now they finally go back to royal but can't help themselves adding stupid white trim on their homes. You can't make this stuff up.

14 hours ago, SCL said:

Can't the Avs paint these helmets like the NFL does? Players rocking royal blue looks worse than black.

Dear Colorado. In a world where this is possible, anything is.

Brandon-Coe-North-Bay-Battalion.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

3 hours ago, jp1409 said:

It's pretty crazy when you think about it. Bills go with navy uniforms back in the days but add random royal piping with a cluster:censored: navy/royal helmet, current Bills uniforms with totally unnecessary navy trims, Sabres finally switching back to blue in 2006 but go with navy and the buffaslug, ditch these for a more traditional set in 2010 but add stupid front piping, grey trims and front numbers... Now they finally go back to royal but can't help themselves adding stupid white trim on their homes. You can't make this stuff up.

You're overreacting lol. Seriously comparing those gorgeous jerseys to the turds the Bills and Sabres were wearing in the late 2000s? Because of a couple white stripes that help the jersey feel more balanced?

I actually thought the Sabres looked great today. The white really stands out in a good way. It ties in nicely with the numbers. The Sabres new home sweater is actually lacking something around the shoulders. The top of the jersey feels a little bare. A yellow collar in any capacity would have filled the empty space, as would have a shoulder patch. I’d imagine the roads will look better because of the shoulder yoke. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, NYRFan said:

I see the logo and look is now the Oilers' main image and profile photo on Twitter.

Again...why? These can't become their primaries, right?

The Oilers' Twitter account changes to that whenever the team wears the alternates.

And speaking of which, they wore them again tonight.

8 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Honestly, who cares. They're going to get worn. I'd rather see teams honour their regular look at the beginning of the season instead of starting off with some gimmicky uniforms to kick things off. And yes, I'd say 75% of the RR uniforms are a gimmick and don't look as good as the regular uniforms that teams' have spent years refining and evolving into.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

21 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Yep, I just watched the highlights of this game and all I could think was that the white lines reminded me of those pointless grey lines that they had. I don't think they really offer anything that the yellow striping by itself already offers.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

You're overreacting lol. Seriously comparing those gorgeous jerseys to the turds the Bills and Sabres were wearing in the late 2000s? Because of a couple white stripes that help the jersey feel more balanced?

Simply pointing out the fact that Buffalo teams never seem to get it right/perfect since so long. Always at least a pointless detail for the sake of being "different".

Archived