2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully prepared to be blasted into the sun for this, but I wish Calgary had kept some black trim in their uniform. I get the whole nostalgia factor behind the retros. There were many valid criticisms of the previous uniforms, but I felt like black worked as a secondary/third color for them, and wasn't just BFBS.

I don't mind the home jerseys. They're not my favorite but there's nothing bad about them. The away jerseys actually bother me. I can't get past the waist striping on the away jerseys being different from the home. I feel like doing red/yellow/red would look good, but I admit I haven't seen it in a concept yet

My guess is that McKinnon is pretty much CCM top athlete and they went the extra mile because of it. I don't think all the ads and stuff featuring him with a CCM helmet that clearly doesn't match his uniform would have been a good look for the company.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Colorado should force everyone to use the CCM buckets.  This looks so good:

pvYAERv.jpg

Is it so difficult to make the strokes on the numerals match? 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Jets tried red helmets to match their red breezers in the '90s for like a preseason game or two but gave up because it looked stupid.

I think the burgundy helmets look better than slate blue, but they should have stuck with black equipment after all. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, Wade Heidt said:

A minor issue preventing this.  NHL teams do not have the helmet manufacturer mark on the sides of their helmets anymore.  Haven't for years.  It is only on the front.  They would not cover it with an ad.  Good idea as long as it was subtle and NHL teams had the helmet manufacturer mark on sides again.

I made sure that the manufacturers name on each side would be something the NHL should do again. 

On 1/11/2021 at 1:24 PM, NoE38_Concepts said:

I only agree with this if the logo is NOT on a contrasting background. The Russian WJC helmet with the giant white block on the front did not look good.

My suggested helmet has teams putting sponsor logos on background that features a color to the helmet's color. I won't allow any other color. And I'll make sure that the logos aren't just simple icons. The logo has to be a wordmark or a logo with wordmark. The logos have to stand out well. Those reasons prompted me to put "Scotiabank" instead of the S icon.

Wish I wrote about that on my original post.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The Jets tried red helmets to match their red breezers in the '90s for like a preseason game or two but gave up because it looked stupid.

I think the burgundy helmets look better than slate blue, but they should have stuck with black equipment after all. 

Agreed, the burgundy helmet (along with the burgundy gloves and blue breezers) balances out the colors of the uniform. I would rather they go back to black equipment after this season.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

19 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Kings wearing reverse retro only three games? Weak 🙄

They are also wearing their Gretzky era jerseys 3 times.  I was expecting every team to wear them at least 4 times with the hype behind them, so it's a bit weird when you have some teams wearing them only 2 or 3 times.

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

CMJCAEzXAAAZVOj.jpg

The rare exception to the "helmets should match the breezers" rule is dark jerseys with red breezers. The Jets did it. The Rangers do it. The Jackets do it. The Coyotes should have done it.

130660702.jpg.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

6 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Regardless of the helmet ads, I think this is easily the best the NHL has ever looked from top to bottom. I think only the Ducks/Oilers have sub par jerseys at this point.

I'd almost say it may be the best looking sports league in the world. I never watched an entire hockey match, but I play these EA NHL games every other time because nearly every matchup looks stunning.

I'm a huge fan of hockey asthetics, even though I have no clue about hockey at all.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

The rare exception to the "helmets should match the breezers" rule is dark jerseys with red breezers. The Jets did it. The Rangers do it. The Jackets do it. The Coyotes should have done it.

130660702.jpg.jpg

Nope, red-black-red-black was an inspired look for the Coyotes because it broke the rules the way hockey in Phoenix breaks the rules. It gave them a niche in the crowded red-black space of the NHL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived