2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

I don’t like the slate blue equipment. I just feel that slate blue is not a right colour for Avalanche’s equipment. 

Navy is a much better choice. The equipment should be navy.

Navy only appears on their third jersey, though, and they already have navy equipment for those jerseys so it can't be excused as a matching thing. Unless they replaced all of the uses of slate with navy (which good luck there), then slate was the better call.

I'd be alright with burgundy for the road, but the home should be slate equipment because it blocks better than black or navy would with the rest of the uniform.

20 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

After two games the Avs look right in blue.  Just fits perfectly.  

Seeing black helmets with the bright burgundy and blue looks jarring now. 

I'm kinda worried about the white set. I hope the numbers are blue. It looks horrible in NHL 21

30 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I'm kinda worried about the white set. I hope the numbers are blue. It looks horrible in NHL 21

I understand that concern but I personally think it’s gonna work even better than the homes.  The away set now has NO blue so the Avs looked like a burgundy and black team.  This change brings them back to a burgundy and blue team. 

I do hope they changed the numbers to blue but even if they didn’t I still think it’s gonna be a welcome change. 

Avs are the best they've ever looked. The only thing really bugging about the new look is the logo on the pants. It's the same as the one on the front of the sweater and seems oddly large. That's the perfect spot for an alternate logo. C, foot, whatever. Even no logo would be preferable. Something about doubling them up like that looks redundant.

I was very anti-change to the Avs uniforms.

Suprisingly, after 2 full games I'm already used to all the blue equipment. 

For those of you concerned about the lack of blue on the road uniforms, remember that the socks have always had the blue stripe. As long as the helmet stays white, theyll look fine IMO. I'm personally hoping for the RR Burgundy gloves, but I think thats a pipe dream. We'll find out Tuesday!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

I was very anti-change to the Avs uniforms.

Suprisingly, after 2 full games I'm already used to all the blue equipment. 

For those of you concerned about the lack of blue on the road uniforms, remember that the socks have always had the blue stripe. As long as the helmet stays white, theyll look fine IMO. I'm personally hoping for the RR Burgundy gloves, but I think thats a pipe dream. We'll find out Tuesday!

Plus it's not like either uniform was heavy on the black before. If anything the equipment change is more matching.

I had to watch parts of both Avs games to try and get used to it.  There are minor things I don’t like, the white cuffs on the gloves mainly. Anxious to see how the road set looks. Hope they did at least change the black numbers to blue but feel like they won’t until the next season or two. 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, nlane33 said:

Fully prepared to be blasted into the sun for this, but I wish Calgary had kept some black trim in their uniform. I get the whole nostalgia factor behind the retros. There were many valid criticisms of the previous uniforms, but I felt like black worked as a secondary/third color for them, and wasn't just BFBS.

I don't mind the home jerseys. They're not my favorite but there's nothing bad about them. The away jerseys actually bother me. I can't get past the waist striping on the away jerseys being different from the home. I feel like doing red/yellow/red would look good, but I admit I haven't seen it in a concept yet

The Rangers & Blackhawks use different striping at home compared to on the road, and no one seems to have an issue with it. 

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Oof, those gold jerseys don't look that hot on the ice for Vegas;

spacer.png

Definitely comes off more mustardy than anything.

It's the helmet. If the helmet shows glossy, it's fine. If the helmet shows matte, it's bad.

VBmsddk.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

40 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Ottawa looks amazing at home with the black jerseys and the old logo. Classic look.spacer.png

Personally still think they should've gone with the white-striped version of this design, personally, but pretty much anything would've been an improvement over that Reebok holdover disasterpiece they had.

Archived