squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Rangers & Blackhawks use different striping at home compared to on the road, and no one seems to have an issue with it. 

Speak for yourself, I actually liked the Rangers' dark jersey more back when its stripes matched those on the light :P
d5c31306419461f0b3902974df47957b.jpg

9 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Oof, those gold jerseys don't look that hot on the ice for Vegas;

spacer.png

Definitely comes off more mustardy than anything.

Looks fine to me. It's not fair to judge them off a blurry YouTube screenshot in the most unflattering possible lighting - pretty much any uniform would look worse under those circumstances.

The Ducks have the worst uniforms in the NHL. They seriously need to ditch the side panels and go back to the mighty ducks look.  

Seems as if the Penguins and PPG have listened to some of the criticism, the sponsor helmet decals are black on the home uniforms. Of course that may have always been the plan - the original press release only showed a photo of the white helmet, and they've only played away games until today.

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

Seems as if the Penguins and PPG have listened to some of the criticism, the sponsor helmet decals are black on the home uniforms.

Yy4BASJ.jpg

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

Of course that may have always been the plan - the original press release only showed a photo of the white helmet, and they've only played away games until today.

One of the press releases showed all three helmets with blue decals.

PPG selected as official helmet sponsor for the Pittsburgh Penguins' new season

qCCHA23.png

Good job penguins for making that change.  Much easier to digest that over the blue.  Hopefully it’s not blue on the away whites too

18 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

I was very anti-change to the Avs uniforms.

Suprisingly, after 2 full games I'm already used to all the blue equipment. 

For those of you concerned about the lack of blue on the road uniforms, remember that the socks have always had the blue stripe. As long as the helmet stays white, theyll look fine IMO. I'm personally hoping for the RR Burgundy gloves, but I think thats a pipe dream. We'll find out Tuesday!

I think blue pants will look better on the roads. The contrast with the burgundy bottom of the sweater. Not crazy about it on the homes. Since they have them for the reverse retro, I'd be curious to see them try the burgundy pants at home.

4 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Good job penguins for making that change.  Much easier to digest that over the blue.  Hopefully it’s not blue on the away whites too

Hopefully some other teams are able to do the same. Preds come to mind.

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

So far it has been.

aYVlhJH.png

On 1/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, Patchey13 said:

Regardless of the helmet ads, I think this is easily the best the NHL has ever looked from top to bottom. I think only the Ducks/Oilers have sub par jerseys at this point.

Oilers shouldn’t be lumped in with the Ducks. They might use the ‘wrong’ shade of blue (I don’t share that view but it’s a personal preference), but most everything about their uniforms is sound; correct logo, traditional striping, good font. 

The Ducks have got everything wrong. The logo sucks, the colours suck and the design sucks. There’s nothing good to be salvaged from their current identity.

47 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

Oilers shouldn’t be lumped in with the Ducks. They might use the ‘wrong’ shade of blue (I don’t share that view but it’s a personal preference), but most everything about their uniforms is sound; correct logo, traditional striping, good font.

The Dayglo orange they use as their main home color is also bad.

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

So far it has been.

aYVlhJH.png

yeah, should have said I hope they changed it from the current blue to a more penguin friendly design color. 

18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Personally still think they should've gone with the white-striped version of this design, personally, but pretty much anything would've been an improvement over that Reebok holdover disasterpiece they had.

I like them as is, BUT if they did this they could have separated themselves a little more from the same basic design arrangement as Toronto - two stripes on arms and socks, one on hem. I think it would look better if you saw them side by side and had to choose. 

In regards to Vegas' gold uniforms:

I think they are a fun alternate that should be worn a handful of times against teams with darker, duller color schemes. They should by no means be the primary

On 1/17/2021 at 3:24 AM, mcj882000 said:

Speak for yourself, I actually liked the Rangers' dark jersey more back when its stripes matched those on the light :P
d5c31306419461f0b3902974df47957b.jpg

I find the thin blue in between the stripes bleeds into the red. Plus the lace up collar is a big upgrade over this. 

18 hours ago, B-mer said:

I like them as is, BUT if they did this they could have separated themselves a little more from the same basic design arrangement as Toronto - two stripes on arms and socks, one on hem. I think it would look better if you saw them side by side and had to choose. 

The hem stripe is much thicker, and it sits right on the bottom of the jersey. Also, the sleeve numbers sitting between the stripes is pretty unique. 

On 1/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, Delicate Genius said:

55ZeZKs.jpg

Yay or nay?

This is what they should have done for the Home uniform. The Burgundy helmet and gloves really even out the look. Right now there is just way too much blue.

As for the Away uniform, the previous set's problem was there was never enough blue, but I think the their new uniform set will solve this problem with the blue pants. I'm looking forward to see that debut.