2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

On 1/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, nash61 said:

Dear Colorado. In a world where this is possible, anything is.

Brandon-Coe-North-Bay-Battalion.jpg

I believe if you disassemble the helmets for painting, you’re required to have them all re-certified, which is a large expense for something that doesn’t add significant monetary value.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, Andy said:

Seems as if the Penguins and PPG have listened to some of the criticism, the sponsor helmet decals are black on the home uniforms. Of course that may have always been the plan - the original press release only showed a photo of the white helmet, and they've only played away games until today.

The NHL from day 1 should have mandated sponsor decals must be in team colors. Not only does it look better, but sponsors would know from day 1 what they were buying in to, and fans would have reasonable expectations of what change was being made. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

51 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

The Sabres look so great right now on TV. So glad they decided to go back to royal blue

I don't know if it's my TV or the lighting in Philly or what but the Sabres' white looks kind of off-white to me. 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, nlane33 said:

Fully prepared to be blasted into the sun for this, but I wish Calgary had kept some black trim in their uniform. I get the whole nostalgia factor behind the retros. There were many valid criticisms of the previous uniforms, but I felt like black worked as a secondary/third color for them, and wasn't just BFBS.

I don't mind the home jerseys. They're not my favorite but there's nothing bad about them. The away jerseys actually bother me. I can't get past the waist striping on the away jerseys being different from the home. I feel like doing red/yellow/red would look good, but I admit I haven't seen it in a concept yet

It literally doesn't get any more BFBS than the Flames. They're the Flames, not the Ashes, Cinders or the Burned Remains. Black shouldn't even be used as a trim color, let alone a secondary color lmao

Just now, CreamSoda said:

Wow, we though the equipment manufacturers struggled with the Avs blue...

Its not even close between 55 and 23 in that picture.  Like did they even try?  23 looks to be glowing while 55 is stuck in navy.  

That's because of lighting. 23 is directly under a spotlight, 55 is not.

the user formerly known as cdclt

23 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

Avs are morning skating in white helmets/blue breezers and gloves. Gonna be an interesting look tonight

I think it’s gonna look amazing.  The Avs were

too dark and bland in their aways before.  This should really help.  And the “worst” part of the new equipment are the helmets and the away look won’t have that element.  

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Sabres full uniforms are absolutely beautiful. If they're ever going to win a Stanley Cup, it has to be in these!

CP115529868-1-1040x572.jpg

I can't believe they kept the mismatching stripes. It was terrible 50 years ago and it's even worse now, since they had the chance to correct it and didn't.

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Somehow, it took me until now to realize the hem and sleeve stripes for Buffalo's white jerseys are different. Not sure how I feel about that. To be fair, if I didn't notice until now, it can't be that big of a deal one way or the other. 

It's been like that ever since their first season. At this point it was more to be true to the original design

Archived