squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

On 1/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, nash61 said:

Dear Colorado. In a world where this is possible, anything is.

Brandon-Coe-North-Bay-Battalion.jpg

I believe if you disassemble the helmets for painting, you’re required to have them all re-certified, which is a large expense for something that doesn’t add significant monetary value.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, Andy said:

Seems as if the Penguins and PPG have listened to some of the criticism, the sponsor helmet decals are black on the home uniforms. Of course that may have always been the plan - the original press release only showed a photo of the white helmet, and they've only played away games until today.

The NHL from day 1 should have mandated sponsor decals must be in team colors. Not only does it look better, but sponsors would know from day 1 what they were buying in to, and fans would have reasonable expectations of what change was being made. 

51 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

The Sabres look so great right now on TV. So glad they decided to go back to royal blue

I don't know if it's my TV or the lighting in Philly or what but the Sabres' white looks kind of off-white to me. 

Buffalo vs Philadelphia looked great.

spacer.png

Can you believe there was a time where it looked like this?

spacer.png

The Flyers' EDGE uniforms kind of got lost in the shuffle because so many other teams were much much worse, but man those were a pile a bad choices on top of one another.  

Anybody know the reason why the Coyotes didn't go with the big collars on the Kachina jerseys?

14 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Anybody know the reason why the Coyotes didn't go with the big collars on the Kachina jerseys?

Because they know these are garbage ?

On 1/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, nlane33 said:

Fully prepared to be blasted into the sun for this, but I wish Calgary had kept some black trim in their uniform. I get the whole nostalgia factor behind the retros. There were many valid criticisms of the previous uniforms, but I felt like black worked as a secondary/third color for them, and wasn't just BFBS.

I don't mind the home jerseys. They're not my favorite but there's nothing bad about them. The away jerseys actually bother me. I can't get past the waist striping on the away jerseys being different from the home. I feel like doing red/yellow/red would look good, but I admit I haven't seen it in a concept yet

It literally doesn't get any more BFBS than the Flames. They're the Flames, not the Ashes, Cinders or the Burned Remains. Black shouldn't even be used as a trim color, let alone a secondary color lmao

3 hours ago, charger77 said:

Probably didn't work on the Adidas template.

Sabres full uniforms are absolutely beautiful. If they're ever going to win a Stanley Cup, it has to be in these!

CP115529868-1-1040x572.jpg

60025271442c5.image.jpg

Wow, we though the equipment manufacturers struggled with the Avs blue...

Its not even close between 55 and 23 in that picture.  Like did they even try?  23 looks to be glowing while 55 is stuck in navy.  

Just now, CreamSoda said:

Wow, we though the equipment manufacturers struggled with the Avs blue...

Its not even close between 55 and 23 in that picture.  Like did they even try?  23 looks to be glowing while 55 is stuck in navy.  

That's because of lighting. 23 is directly under a spotlight, 55 is not.

Avs are morning skating in white helmets/blue breezers and gloves. Gonna be an interesting look tonight

3 minutes ago, QCS said:

That's because of lighting. 23 is directly under a spotlight, 55 is not.

Thats the joke

Somehow, it took me until now to realize the hem and sleeve stripes for Buffalo's white jerseys are different. Not sure how I feel about that. To be fair, if I didn't notice until now, it can't be that big of a deal one way or the other. 

23 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

Avs are morning skating in white helmets/blue breezers and gloves. Gonna be an interesting look tonight

I think it’s gonna look amazing.  The Avs were

too dark and bland in their aways before.  This should really help.  And the “worst” part of the new equipment are the helmets and the away look won’t have that element.  

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Sabres full uniforms are absolutely beautiful. If they're ever going to win a Stanley Cup, it has to be in these!

CP115529868-1-1040x572.jpg

I can't believe they kept the mismatching stripes. It was terrible 50 years ago and it's even worse now, since they had the chance to correct it and didn't.

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Somehow, it took me until now to realize the hem and sleeve stripes for Buffalo's white jerseys are different. Not sure how I feel about that. To be fair, if I didn't notice until now, it can't be that big of a deal one way or the other. 

It's been like that ever since their first season. At this point it was more to be true to the original design