• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, Delicate Genius said:

GKZFkXg.jpg55ZeZKs.jpg

Β 

Yay or nay?

Β 

A big YAY and two thumbs up.πŸ‘πŸ‘Β The Avs are the only burgundy team in the NHL and they need to emphasize that colour a lot more.

Β 

On 1/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, _J_ said:

Nope.

Β 

I also just realized that I have a general rule for such things. The helmets should match the pants, unless the helmet is white. Likely why the yellow buckets are jarring to me.

Β 

I couldn't disagree more. The Rangers don't wear red helmets to match their red pants. It would look terrible. The Capitals and Devils used to wear red helmets to go with their red sweaters while wearing darker pants. In fact, the Devils should have kept the red helmets when they jumped on the Chicago Bulls' red and black bandwagon. The Golden Knights' steel grey helmets look amazing with the steel grey sweaters. As for yellow, it's a light colour like white and matching helmets with the sweaters and socks is a complete look. If the NHL ever reverts back to lights being worn at home, the Predators would need a matching navy blue set for the road while keeping the yellow-golds at home like the 80s Kings and Canucks.Los-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow-Jersey-1980-88.jpg_cf.jpg.83d23728f4eb5c04aed28360f0ffccd4.jpgmedium_Yellow-canucks_yellowjersey.jpg_cf.jpg.f5dba6cdcb0eb8bf383abbdb5cfe5d45.jpg

12 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Β 

A big YAY and two thumbs up.πŸ‘πŸ‘Β The Avs are the only burgundy team in the NHL and they need to emphasize that colour a lot more.

Β 

Β 

I couldn't disagree more. The Rangers don't wear red helmets to match their red pants. It would look terrible. The Capitals and Devils used to wear red helmets to go with their red sweaters while wearing darker pants. In fact, the Devils should have kept the red helmets when they jumped on the Chicago Bulls' red and black bandwagon. The Golden Knights' steel grey helmets look amazing with the steel grey sweaters. As for yellow, it's a light colour like white and matching helmets with the sweaters and socks is a complete look. If the NHL ever reverts back to lights being worn at home, the Predators would need a matching navy blue set for the road while keeping the yellow-golds at home like the 80s Kings and Canucks.Los-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow-Jersey-1980-88.jpg_cf.jpg.83d23728f4eb5c04aed28360f0ffccd4.jpgmedium_Yellow-canucks_yellowjersey.jpg_cf.jpg.f5dba6cdcb0eb8bf383abbdb5cfe5d45.jpg

Exceptions to a general rule do not make the rule less true.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Β 

Β 

Coyotes?

5 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Exceptions to a general rule do not make the rule less true.

There's no rule. That's just your opinion

The Wild revealed their gear for their Reverse Retro, simply confirming what EA revealed earlier.

These look really sweet! I'm glad they modified the N-Stars black breezers from 88'-91'. These look so much better in green and gold than black.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Wild revealed their gear for their Reverse Retro, simply confirming what EA revealed earlier.

These look really sweet! I'm glad they modified the N-Stars black breezers from 88'-91'. These look so much better in green and gold than black.

inb4 the "rEeEe sToP sTeAlInG dAlLaS' sTuFf!!1!" commentΒ πŸ˜›

47 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Wow that shade of green looks GOOD. But hey, yet another example of those boring gloves that only have a contrasting cuff roll. How about some yellow on the fingers and thumb? Too much to ask for?

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wow that shade of green looks GOOD. But hey, yet another example of those boring gloves that only have a contrasting cuff roll. How about some yellow on the fingers and thumb? Too much to ask for?

Yeah the gloves are definitely lacking that pop of color, especially since they’re going with the yellow numbers on jersey instead of the green... A yellow cuff on the gloves would have worked much better.Β 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

42 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Yeah the gloves are definitely lacking that pop of color, especially since they’re going with the yellow numbers on jersey instead of the green... A yellow cuff on the gloves would have worked much better.Β 

Exactly! But no, not just the cuff roll in yellow lol. They needed an old school Rangers or Canadiens (or North Stars!) color scheme on the gloves. Like these but without the blackspacer.png

On 1/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, Delicate Genius said:

GKZFkXg.jpg55ZeZKs.jpg

Β 

Yay or nay?

Β 

That's really good. I like the burgundy helmet because it balances out the colors better. There's too much blue on what they're wearing now.

Β 

USATSI_15441086_164063748_lowres-1068x71

On 1/23/2021 at 6:27 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Gotcha. Honestly I think that's a better logo than what they have right now. Way more timeless and clean. Well, I mean the solid version not this one with the bevel/shiny effect

Β 

It's shoulder patch quality at best.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived