2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Bayne said:

It's too simple. It's a bit like the Canucks' stick and rink thing - people don't like it because it's just a bit too basic for a primary and I think this would be the same if not worse. Like I said, decent shoulder patch though (if not a bit uncreative) imo.

spacer.png

I dunno, you're entitled to your opinion but that looks great to me. Now swap the orange for copper or maybe add some silver trim and we're talking! ahah

17 hours ago, dont care said:

Because you shouldn’t replace your current better crest for it.

I don't think the current logo is any good. Just an average 70s logo that looks very dated, especially with that weird Western/disco/70s psychedelic font

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Multiple Stanley Cup wins with the greatest hockey player of all time, that's why. Same reason the Islanders have to stick with their fundamentally unsound mishmash of warped text, a hockey stick, and a poo-shaped landmass. 

I know, that's my whole point. Without Gretzky and those Cups, they would have changed that logo a long time ago. Nostalgia is one helluva drug lol. Also again, just my opinion but the Islanders logo while not great is a bit better and their jerseys are a million times better, I love the thick stripes. I think the Islanders have very underrated jerseys. The Oilers' mix of bright colors and use of way too many thin stripes just doesn't work imo

8 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Bad.

That's an issue a lot of concepts have had. A lot of folks may not agree with me. But I'd use the current crest on the RR, even if there's no black. They would look like the TBL again and distance themselves from the Maple Leafs, if the Reverse Retro became the primary. The front crest is up for debate.

Blue and black is a unique scheme that should return full-time.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, Patchey13 said:

Regardless of the helmet ads, I think this is easily the best the NHL has ever looked from top to bottom. I think only the Ducks/Oilers have sub par jerseys at this point.

As bad as the Oilers orange jersey and dark blue jerseys are, they look amazing compared to what is going on with the Ducks. Barely watchable.

5 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I think this logo would work the best if the Lightning ever decided to correct course (ignore the rest of the concept)

Hide contents

Eqp8O4hXYAEcMDC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Changing the white part of the oval to silver would be cool. Or the make the bolt silver and keep the oval white. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Why are they so reluctant to put the WEagle on a jersey? It would make these fantastic.

Probably because they don't think it makes a good primary, if I had to guess. And honestly, these look so much cooler; they have an Original Six-styled feel to them, which is way more imaginative than just a generic "blue jersey with Weagle" concept, like so many third ideas I see floating around for the Caps.

They're obviously more into the creative ideas instead of the simple ones; this looks like a uniform and logo the Caps might have worn had they been established in the 40's or 50's, which is more creative a way to explore the branding then just making a blue jersey and slapping the secondary on it.

48 minutes ago, les3couleurs said:

As bad as the Oilers orange jersey and dark blue jerseys are, they look amazing compared to what is going on with the Ducks. Barely watchable.

Ducks have to be the worst looking team in the NHL. I'd say the California teams and Caps would top the worst-dressed list. 

Archived