2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

16 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

It's a big CAPITAL W on the chest lol. Does that count?

Why specifically 3 seasons? Anything I'm missing? Ownership? End of league wide contract with adidas? Such an arbitrary number

This is the standard min. length of Third jerseys, been that way since Reebok.  I thought this was common knowledge.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

This is the standard min. length of Third jerseys, been that way since Reebok.  I thought this was common knowledge.

There are exceptions though...the Ducks' black alts were only for the 25th (2018-19), and I think the Capitals' throwback alts only lasted two season in the adidas template (2018-20). 

And does the 3-year rule apply to the Kings and Blues 90s throwbacks (though the Kings said it's permanent). Is the Blues 90s jersey coming back in 2021-22 (no complaints if so)?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If the Oilers inverted the orange and the navy on the jersey below 👇, I don't think large bright orange shoulder yokes would look very good.

Oilers_Home_Authentic_Pro_Jersey_Orange_

The orange works here because it's a light color with dark yokes, stripes, numbers, etc. Not the reverse. Navy would work best imo, if they removed the yokes on a navy jersey and kept some orange highlights only. White numbers on navy as well.

spacer.png

I don't know, i think they would look great !

25 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

spacer.png

I don,t know, i think they would look great !

The navy photoshop is not terrible. But the orange/navy jersey pops more.

It helps that on the orange, you have the yokes match the pants to balance out all the colors better.

41 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Are you sure? Cause I can think of about a dozen exceptions to that rule lol

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

There are exceptions though...the Ducks' black alts were only for the 25th (2018-19), and I think the Capitals' throwback alts only lasted two season in the adidas template (2018-20). 

And does the 3-year rule apply to the Kings and Blues 90s throwbacks (though the Kings said it's permanent). Is the Blues 90s jersey coming back in 2021-22 (no complaints if so)?

Yeh, I'm pretty sure I would know.

The three years is for a true 3rd jersey.  Anniversary jerseys, one night retro jerseys etc... are not 3rd jerseys and are petitioned separately.

15 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

The three years is for a true 3rd jersey.  Anniversary jerseys, one night retro jerseys etc... are not 3rd jerseys and are petitioned separately.

How many current third jerseys will be replaced next year? :) 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

spacer.png

Changing the numbers/captain patches from double outline to single outline would help a lot. The extra outline is ok on the white jerseys, but it muddles things on the blue (navy or royal).

The Coyotes' will be for sure since the brick red is now considered their third jersey. I'm sure that they'll make the change back to the kachina jerseys full-time with the move to the Central Division.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

22 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

spacer.png

IMO, this really highlights how bad the orange cuffs look. Right jersey without the orange cuffs and current solid navy blue gear would be the ideal amount of orange for the home jersey. Then maybe keep the ugly orange jersey as the third option since management really seems to like it

On 1/26/2021 at 11:40 AM, Morgan33 said:

The only acceptable Oilers primary, home-uniform.  They had it perfect in 2012, why experiment with orange and navy now...
The The The was was a great place place in in my pppppppppppppp
FQILDKj.jpg

Man, the inability of helmet manufacturers to make a helmet with the right shade of royal blue always made this set and other royal sets look incomplete. Just a detail that drives the uniform nerd in me crazy.

On the other hand navy helmets almost always look a shade too dark. 

Ultimately, the Oilers organization just make decisions based off money so once people stop buying the navy/orange versions, they’ll change it up again. They went back to the 80’s jerseys in the first place just because they knew how well they would sell.

I doubt we’ll ever see a navy version of the 80s template, because they had the chance to do it in 2019 and they came up with the mediocre third they have now. I am surprised they’re pushing the navy third a lot because I figured they chose an intentionally different design so that it could stay as a third and wouldn’t undermine orange as the home colour. 

7 hours ago, Osgiliath-Guard said:

The navy looks gorgeous! I still prefer the royal, simply cause its brighter, but I wouldn't complain if they went with the navy.

Exactly. Royal blue is better of course, but since they wanted to go navy blue, that was the correct way. And they blew it

3 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

The Avs finally released their RR and Third jersey schedule

https://www.facebook.com/129116567344/posts/10159685468682345/?sfnsn=mo 

Why are they wearing those RR vs Anaheim? That matchup is gonna look awful. Granted, most uniform matchups look awful when the Ducks are involved, but still. Seems like a waste to me

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Why are they wearing those RR vs Anaheim? That matchup is gonna look awful. Granted, most uniform matchups look awful when the Ducks are involved, but still. Seems like a waste to me

I think the Ducks are wearing their orange uniforms for both games. My question is why they decided to wear them against Vegas for all 4 home games. Sure one of them is the game in Tahoe, but you couldn't mix in games against any of St. Louis's dark uniforms or LA's Reverse Retro?

9 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Exactly. Royal blue is better of course, but since they wanted to go navy blue, that was the correct way. And they blew it

If they have to do navy, go like that, and then have either an orange or royal base for the alternate and BINGO! Perfect look.

Archived