squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Dallas is debuting their third tonight against Detroit;

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think it looks pretty nice. The colors contrast a lot better than your traditional "stealth" jersey (looking at you, San Jose), which makes it feel a lot more finished. Sure, it's a gimmick, but third jerseys have always been gimmicks to some extent.

I think its really hard to get bright green to look more green than yellow, at least from a TV perspective. If anyone has taught us that, its the Seahawks. 

Seattle Seahawks 'Color Rush' uniforms are bright green - Business Insider

I don't necessarily hate the idea, but it's execution is near always off the mark. Again its more a TV problem (and a bit of nitpicking) than anything, but I think that some fine-tuning might help here. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

20 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Three other besides the outdoor games confirmed so far:

1/30 - Maple Leafs at Oilers

2/27 - Kings at Wild

3/6 - Wild at Coyotes

Canucks announced that they're wearing their Reverse Retros on 2/19 & 21 vs the Jets and 2/23 & 25 vs the Oilers.

The 2 games against the Oilers will feature RR vs RR.

18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think it looks pretty nice. The colors contrast a lot better than your traditional "stealth" jersey (looking at you, San Jose), which makes it feel a lot more finished. Sure, it's a gimmick, but third jerseys have always been gimmicks to some extent.

They might have gotten the inspiration from Optic Gaming in Dallas.

opticgamingclaim_2042223b.jpg

My opinion is a bit biased. But tbh, I think the Stars have a great alt because neon green is my favorite color and I think the Tron film graphics are amazing. I'm okay with it.

The new beveled number font should be tranfered to their primary jerseys, using white and silver.

I like how much the green pops on that Stars jersey, even if it appears somewhat muted and yellowy on camera. Any darker and those numbers would not be readable.

Still don't care for that awkward and unbalanced Texas State mark as the crest. But I dislike it a bit less if I pretend the top part is the Bank of America building.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The only problem with the Stars jersey is the numbers. They need to be filled in either neon green or white. I couldn't make them out watching the game last night. Other than that I love those uniforms. But I love lime/neon green especially against black.

4 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Dallas has two of the best uniforms for their home and away.  And two of the worst uniforms for their third and RR.  A shame that the third and RR take away games from the home and away sets.

It's far better to have a nice-looking home & away set and an ugly 3rd and RR than the other way around.

4 hours ago, M4One said:

Canucks getting their retros out of the way all in one week against Winnipeg Feb 19 and 21, then Edmonton Feb 23 and 25.  The Oilers will be wearing their retros for those games.

I will be sure to have an ice-cold 2L bottle of Sprite handy. I may get awfully thirsty.

Chicago isn't up its own ass about the Sears Tower as much as Dallas seems to be about their green line building.

Anyway, I really like neon green, I loved it on the All-Star sweaters a few years ago, but black numbers with outlines on black is a bad case of function following form. Gotta commit to solid single-layer neon green numbers if you're gonna go that direction, sorry!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/28/2021 at 8:05 PM, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like their tribute to essential workers in these trying times

firefighter_probie.jpg?w=1600&format=jpg&quality=87&crop=2%2C0%2C1021%2C575

Archived