2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

On 1/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, habsfan1 said:

Aesthetically, it's not their strongest jersey design and it appears to be at the bottom of the team's list of favorites.

Aesthetically it's the one of the strongest designs come out of their tenure in Dallas, second only to the current home and roads.  More importantly, It looks like a jersey designed for a professional hockey team.  The current alternate looks like an All Star jersey at best and a black-ice, fashion jersey at worst.

If you took that original black jersey, updated the green to the "victory" shade and included some sort of tribute to the cup win as a shoulder patch or hanger effect, you'd have a significantly better alternate look than anything they've attempted since the 2013 update.  It would pay tribute to the championship and nicely compliment their traditional uniform set.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:54 AM, Ridleylash said:

Look at the way the victory green on the socks really catches the eye over the dark forest-y green color of the actual jersey.

The original jersey used kelly green that was perfectly visible.  No one is arguing for a return of the 1994-95 to 1998-98 set.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Why is this so hard?

b1QMmzM.jpg

I personally hate this design for a lot of reasons. The stripes being abruptly cut off for the sake of TV numbers is so awkward and unnecessary, and it's a decision that leaves the sleeve stripes hidden from what would be their most visual place on the uniform. The color balance is all over the place with white, forest green, and gold all fighting in a power struggle for the secondary color. Perhaps most importantly, the logos are the worst in Stars' franchise history and are so disjointed from one another in color. It's a mess, and as displayed by the on-ice picture posted previously, it just looks drab in reality.

I'm not a huge fan of neon colors, but at least that uniform is cohesive and clearly has thought put into it. This thing looks like a Frankenstein's monster of arbitrary design choices that don't even compliment each other well. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Bayne said:

Chef's kiss. Who cares if the green doesn't pop. Why does everything need to pop? It looks cool. The logo looks great on black.

11 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Because the green isn’t visible against the black otherwise.

Yeah. That's what I meant.

Like the TBL had a alternate with only a few blue accents around the collar, the royal blue stood out strongly against the black. The green turns almost invisible on that black jersey. I just thought brighter green is better.

Updating the colors of the Stars 90s alt would make the jersey better.

5 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

If you took that original black jersey, updated the green to the "victory" shade and included some sort of tribute to the cup win as a shoulder patch or hanger effect, you'd have a significantly better alternate look than anything they've attempted since the 2013 update.

Does anyone know what the patch the Leafs wore last night was for? It stood out a little too much, considering it was the only white element on their sweaters. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Does anyone know what the patch the Leafs wore last night was for? It stood out a little too much, considering it was the only white element on their sweaters. 

A memorial patch for George Armstrong, who just recently passed;

spacer.png

On 1/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, NYRFan said:

Ah, so help me understand what they ARE designated as by the teams...

It depends, Retro, vintage, heritage, anniversary, throwback...whatever.  There’s no official designation for a jersey that’s only worn one time as opposed to a jersey that’s worn four times.  If a team introduces a Third Jersey, then that language will be used, ie: the Caps or Dallas this year. 

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

but the Wild head on the North Star template works.

The Wild head in North Stars colors looks terrible in digital formats, but it looks absolutely incredible on the ice. This uniforms works, and I'm all behind them making this the permanent colors

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

8 hours ago, ebod39 said:

It depends, Retro, vintage, heritage, anniversary, throwback...whatever.  There’s no official designation for a jersey that’s only worn one time as opposed to a jersey that’s worn four times.  If a team introduces a Third Jersey, then that language will be used, ie: the Caps or Dallas this year. 

Gotcha. Essentially, I wanted to know if we were stuck with designs that clearly are being deemphasized by teams (Phx. red uni and Calgary black C) for 3 more years simply because they were slid into an "alt" slot.

1 hour ago, NYRFan said:

Gotcha. Essentially, I wanted to know if we were stuck with designs that clearly are being deemphasized by teams (Phx. red uni and Calgary black C) for 3 more years simply because they were slid into an "alt" slot.

I can’t speak to that. 

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Yup, that does look pretty good. That logo just works in green and yellow. Just not sure about the yellow numbers, like everyspacer.pngone else

My ONLY complaint is that the river should be white.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived