2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

The Wild never should have gone with a red home jersey. It was a good alternate, but weird for a primary. And as Ad has said before, they only wore their green jerseys on national television, and in the playoffs, resulting in them essentially being a green team anyways. 

And their green home jersey is one of the best in the league. No need to change back to red...

I also would love to see the North Stars RR as an occasional third, because the colors are so great! But the current branding of forest green, red, and cream is great, and it should stay for forever.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the Wild go to green and gold and it be a non issue? 100%

Should they? I wouldnt like it, because I really like the green and red and would hate for the NHL to lose it.

While I like the Penguins RR, it comes with a problem that the vegas gold era jerseys had. Makes the penguins look like a black and white team with gold accents and not a black and gold team.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Flyers took on the orange and black from Philadelphia's original NHL team, the Quakers. There's no reason why the North Stars' green and yellow-gold can't be used by another Minnesota franchise. Totally agree with @MinnyHockey.

The difference is that the Flyers have been a orange & black team since day 1. They didn't wear a unique colour scheme for 20+ years then arbitrarily decide to dress up as the Quakers.

When the CFL returned to Ottawa they were not allowed to bring back the Rough Riders name (for obvious reasons). The organization basically decided to go with the Riders brand in every aspect except the name (colours, white R on a black helmet). Minnesota could've called themselves the Northern Lights, brought back green & yellow, and updated the N* logo if they wanted to.

22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

When the CFL returned to Ottawa they were not allowed to bring back the Rough Riders name (for obvious reasons). The organization basically decided to go with the Riders brand in every aspect except the name (colours, white R on a black helmet). Minnesota could've called themselves the Northern Lights, brought back green & yellow, and updated the N* logo if they wanted to.

Well, since the Wild have been a truly mediocre franchise from their inception and have nothing to really show for their first 20 years, I’d say it’d be fine to rebrand. 

The color scheme is nice and all, but it can work for a Northern Lights/Geminis/whatever name third. With that name and the potential of a rebrand, the Wild are essentially the Charlotte Bobcats of the NHL. It’s maybe even worse than the Bobcats!

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

Can the Wild go to green and gold and it be a non issue? 100%

Should they? I wouldnt like it, because I really like the green and red and would hate for the NHL to lose it.

Paging the NJD, who should go back to red/green/white or red/white/black/green, and you have solved your problems 😉

58 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, since the Wild have been a truly mediocre franchise from their inception and have nothing to really show for their first 20 years, I’d say it’d be fine to rebrand. 

The color scheme is nice and all, but it can work for a Northern Lights/Geminis/whatever name third. With that name and the potential of a rebrand, the Wild are essentially the Charlotte Bobcats of the NHL. It’s maybe even worse than the Bobcats!

I don’t really think it’s fine to rebrand at this point... I mean people love the Wild here in Minnesota. They’ve definitely been mediocre for most of their history, but there’s still a lot of fun memories that the Wild have created. 

The Wild are not the bobcats of the NHL... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Pittsburgh nailed their RR jerseys. 

The Wild...here's a thought. They stay the Wild but keep the North Stars' colours? 
You can all keep saying "be the North Stars" but the team in Dallas isn't likely to let that happen for a few reasons. Nor would the NHL if we're being honest. 

So the Wild in North Stars colours is the closest you're gonna get. 

1 hour ago, NYRFan said:

Paging the NJD, who should go back to red/green/white or red/white/black/green, and you have solved your problems 😉

No.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Minnesota could've called themselves the Northern Lights, brought back green & yellow, and updated the N* logo if they wanted to.

It can still be done. The Wild haven't accomplished a thing other than having the worst team name in major pro sports.

The State of Hockey deserves a lot better.

1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

It can still be done. The Wild haven't accomplished a thing other than having the worst team name in major pro sports.

The State of Hockey deserves a lot better.

IMO the Northern Lights sounds way more cheesy than the Wild.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

Atleast it’s a plural name and not ambiguous like “wild” which could literally mean anything.

This conversation has happened many times, but yeah I don't like the Wild name but it's not that bad. Again, so many suggestions of what people think would be better are often worse. This is a perfect example. Imagine calling your team the Northern Lights lol. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived