2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, Sport said:

The real crime of our awful Reverse Retro jerseys is that they were too chicken to put Stinger on the shoulders or the pants. Also, it deprived us of a true throwback uniform for our 20th anniversary. Instead we got some weird Capitals cosplay. I'm a little bitter about that. 

The green made what is an otherwise stale and overused color scheme throughout sports more interesting and set them apart from the other navy blue and red teams in sports. 

SN-CBJ-OPENER.jpg

My favorite part was they made sure to work the green onto the gloves of every player.

I love the C flag logo they've been using for nearly 18 years now and I've come around on the cannon alternates, but I do have a soft spot for those original uniforms. 

Agreed 100%, except for the cannon 3rds ahah. Never liked those, and the fact that they came out when half the teams in the league had a double blue fauxback jersey with a roundel logo doesn't help

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s already the color scheme of the state’s big high school powerhouse team, Edina.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Ugh. Edina is the worst.

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

No kidding.

20 hours ago, Armadillo said:

"The Minnesota State Hockey Tournament is that special time of year when the northern schools hate the Metro, the public schools hate the privates, and everybody hates Edina."

18 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The last reason the Wild should change colors to kelly green and gold would be to “honor” Edina. The only people who would want to honor Edina for something is someone from Edina. Everyone else pretty much hates Edina here in Minnesota.

Just adding my cosign to the Cake Eater hate.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Just adding my cosign to the Cake Eater hate.

maxresdefault.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just now, AFirestormToPurify said:

That shade of orange looks so much better than what they usually wear. And no stupid contrasting nameplates. I'd give these a solid 8/10. The 80s/90s template was better than the 60s/70s one

EtWDAJHWQAEKFKb?format=jpg&name=large

Well, that's twice that we've agreed. These jerseys, minus the helmet ads, should be their primary jerseys, with the white and orange flipping for the away jerseys.

I like the Flyers' RR. The orange is darker, and the addition of black makes the jerseys heavier and meaner. I think it suits the Flyers well. I've got tired of their bright orange and white jerseys, especially with the new template how the collar area is all messed up. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

spacer.png

What I hate about this sweater is the stripes don't match, and the color hierarchy is all wrong. The Wild should be a green-red-wheat team, but this jersey is green-wheat-red (and just a few years ago they were red-green-wheat!). It's especially jarring when contrasted with the away sweaters, where green and red are properly balanced. Having the very thin red outline on the numbers also looks terrible against the green. 

30 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And they're wearing them 7 times! I thought 6 was the upper limit. Yeah I know, one of those is an outdoors game, technically

EtOwC8iWgBIUdFF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Damn, the RRs make the alternates look SOOO bad. I always hated them, but the RRs just make them look so underdesigned and a little too trendy, like the Oilers'...poor attempt at an alternate uniform. The alts for Philly look like they were trying to a bad NHL version of the NFL's colour rush :censored:.

44 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

That shade of orange looks so much better than what they usually wear. And no stupid contrasting nameplates. I'd give these a solid 8/10. The 80s/90s template was better than the 60s/70s one

EtWDAJHWQAEKFKb?format=jpg&name=large

The Flyers original jersey template is flawed. I think it's nicer when the Flyers jersey has an outline around the arm stripe and that the shape is adjusted so that the full number can fit inside. The orange 2007 RBK version I thought was pretty good.

I do like the contrasting nameplates, though. It's a unique feature for a team with a history of using it.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

L5P3Kev.png

Aside from the fact that this logo is obviously leaning backwards and it annoys me so much, I much prefer the green and red version. The Wild look much better to me in a rich, earthy colour palette. Yellow and green is fine but it cheapens the brand IMO, and losing the wheat accent tone and replacing it with white removes some nice added heft that the current logo has, which I like.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

What I hate about this sweater is the stripes don't match, and the color hierarchy is all wrong. The Wild should be a green-red-wheat team, but this jersey is green-wheat-red (and just a few years ago they were red-green-wheat!). It's especially jarring when contrasted with the away sweaters, where green and red are properly balanced. Having the very thin red outline on the numbers also looks terrible against the green. 

Well in an ideal world, wheat colored helmets wouldn't look disgusting and they could get away with a wheat away jersey lol

10 minutes ago, Osgiliath-Guard said:

Damn, the RRs make the alternates look SOOO bad. I always hated them, but the RRs just make them look so underdesigned and a little too trendy, like the Oilers'...poor attempt at an alternate uniform. The alts for Philly look like they were trying to a bad NHL version of the NFL's colour rush :censored:.

I don't think they're bad, just a bit plain. It's the huge sleeve numbers, contrasting nameplates and hollow back numbers that look awful. With normal lettering, they would look decent imo. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed a Color Rush vibe to a few recent alternates. Dallas is especially guilty of it. Trying to cash in on the Cowboy's popularity I guess, so I can't really blame them but mono white just doesn't work with hockey uniforms

They're gonna wear the RR more than the true alternates this year. A sign of things to come?

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I do like the contrasting nameplates, though. It's a unique feature for a team with a history of using it.

I get that they've done it before, but that was a looong time ago and the reason for even doing it in the first place was because they were cheap. I'm sorry, contrasting nameplates look cheap and gimmicky. Just cause it's been done before doesn't mean they had to do it again. I get that they're trying to make it "their thing" but it's just another gimmick like when Buffalo used chest numbers

Archived