2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

Dont love the white cuff on the Flyers RR.  Just make it black instead.   

That just completely changes the design and would make it very heavy. The white cuffs are beautiful and look amazing. It would be too black heavy if they did that.

2 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I don't think they're bad, just a bit plain. It's the huge sleeve numbers, contrasting nameplates and hollow back numbers that look awful. With normal lettering, they would look decent imo

They're gonna wear the RR more than the true alternates this year. A sign of things to come?

Outlined numbers like that can go get f****d. Its a stupid design choice that has no place in sports design of any type. Even Timbits hockey. The only way to fix those jerseys is to burn them and try again. Philly needs to stay away from black jerseys cause their logo just disappears and looks REALLY bad on a black background.

I've never seen a black Flyers jersey that reads as the Flyers. They all are much too black dominant (I know, black base color...) without any hope of balancing the orange and white in their scheme. This new RR jersey is the closest they've come to finding a more balanced approach to the color palette, but it's too black, causing the white cuffs to look wildly out of place.

Also, why would you debut/use them in a game with another team with black shoulders as well?

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

That shade of orange looks so much better than what they usually wear. And no stupid contrasting nameplates. I'd give these a solid 8/10. The 80s/90s template was better than the 60s/70s one

EtWDAJHWQAEKFKb?format=jpg&name=large

657565.0.jpg

The RR just feels off. Possibly because they didn't flip the socks to match the shoulders.

6 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Interesting that they're using their current number font on the navy helmets... either they're the stickers they already have on hand or they're thinking of doing the opposite of their gold Saturdays

Betting this is just a PS recolor job. The navy helmet they revealed this week has the proper throwback numbers, while the full uni promo shots they released earlier showed Josi in the standard gold bucket.

39 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I haven’t been keeping up with the uniform scheduling, but are all teams doing RR v RR and not just Regular Uniforms v RR?

Looks like it is mostly RR vs regular, but there are a few RR v RR. Edmonton played Toronto both in RR.

(also, go watch this McDavid goal if you haven't seen it yet)

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Looks like it is mostly RR vs regular, but there are a few RR v RR. Edmonton played Toronto both in RR.

(also, go watch this McDavid goal if you haven't seen it yet)

spacer.png

Did you really have to bring that goal up? It still stings, and I'm primarily a Sens fan.

The Minnesota Wilds' current set is top-10 in the league in my books, they really have it right now. That white jersey might be my favourite in the league. Yes the name is stupid but it's been 20 years, at this point does it even register as dumb? It's just the team's name, I don't think about it anymore.

The North Stars colours are fun for an alternate but the Wilds' current identity looks so :censored:in good.

I really want to like the Flyers' RR jerseys, but the white cuff on the sleeves just keeps making me think of a Walmart/Target cheap off-brand jersey.

Edited by Bob5151
spelling

I may be biased because I mainly grew up with the edge uniforms and then these, but I feel like I'm the only person on these boards that think the flyers current look (aside from the away collar) is the best they've looked and a top 5 look in the league. 

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I haven’t been keeping up with the uniform scheduling, but are all teams doing RR v RR and not just Regular Uniforms v RR?

Mostly Regular v RR, but there are about a dozen confirmed RR v RR. I still haven't seen any announcements from the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Islanders, and Sharks, so there could be more.

1/30 - Maple Leafs at Oilers

2/15 - Predators at Stars

2/20 - Avalanche at Golden Knights

2/21 - Bruins at Flyers

2/23 - Penguins at Capitals

2/23 & 25 - Oilers at Canucks

2/27 - Kings at Wild

3/6 - Wild at Coyotes

3/21 - Penguins at Devils

4/6 - Predators at Red Wings (Not confirmed, by why would Detroit wear their normal white uniform vs Nashville's RR?)

4/15 - Flyers at Penguins 

38 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I may be biased because I mainly grew up with the edge uniforms and then these, but I feel like I'm the only person on these boards that think the flyers current look (aside from the away collar) is the best they've looked and a top 5 look in the league. 

The awful nameplate automatically cancels the Top 5 look argument imo

16 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Sweet! Excited to see these!

RR's for Blues tonight as well. So we have the normally red Habs going blue, and the normally blue Blues, going red. Should be fun!

And the Blue Jackets' blue jackets being switched to red ones too. 😋  Their jackets might be red, but I'm okay with it because it's just a fun color experiment that I don't expect to ever be worn on a regular basis.

The Canadiens RR are blue from head to toe. Comparisons are already being made to the Maple Leafs because of how much blue they're using. But I'm okay with the Canadiens doing something different for a special occasion jersey, as long as the 2 classic H&R remain untouched.

2 hours ago, Bob5151 said:

I really want to like the Flyers' RR jerseys, but the white cuff on the sleeves just keeps making me think of a Walmart/Target cheap off-brand jersey.

It would be fine if it weren't for the white sleeve caps.