squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

On 2/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, IceCap said:

Cool. Then he can do so without trying to peg me to an opinion I never had. 

Sheesh. If I was trying to play “gotcha” I would have said “you” rather than “we.” Using a widely held opinion to illustrate a point about a similar name is not constructing a straw man; it’s anecdotal evidence to support an opinion. Nothing more.

20 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Sheesh. If I was trying to play “gotcha” I would have said “you” rather than “we.” Using a widely held opinion to illustrate a point about a similar name is not constructing a straw man; it’s anecdotal evidence to support an opinion. Nothing more.

Going "the name you like won't work because other people don't like

another name" when the latter half doesn't apply to the person you're talking to is kind of misleading. 

Sure. You do you though. 

4 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Tampa's RR is the proof that they never should've switched away from this look

It’s also proof that more black and silver really work with blue and white

The Lightning actually look like the Lightning tonight for the first time in a decade, victory stripes and all.

I LOVE this RR Lightning look, the color balance is gorgeous.  However they needed to use the matching gloves from the edge set.  In the future I definitely would love to see something similar, but with a updated front crest that's not so dated.  I forgot how much I liked the Florida shoulder patch too.  

Tampa's RR looks absolutely friggin' gorgeous. Removing black from this team's jersey was a crime.

Tampa's Reverse Retro is the jersey they should have put their updated-logo from 2007 on.  Then there would have been no need for the bland, Leaf's knockoffs.

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Tampa's RR is the proof that they never should've switched away from this look

It was what I imagined their first alternate jersey should have been. 

Love these Tampa Bay uniforms.  I would have preferred them wearing blue helmets instead of black and bringing in proper black/blue/white gloves like they used to wear to match with this set.

The logo is not good, but it carries some charm which the newest version just imbue at all. I don't know how much of that is down to nostalgia - I know a lot of it is but I don't think all of it is. It's much less of a corporate looking mark which their new one is, and more of an old fashioned sports team logo, as dated as it may be. It just evokes more of a classic aesthetic - imperfections, odd choices and all. I would vote that they went back to it, and made the blue version a permanent 3rd or something.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

The logo is not good, but it carries some charm which the newest version just imbue at all. I don't know how much of that is down to nostalgia - I know a lot of it is but I don't think all of it is. It's much less of a corporate looking mark which their new one is, and more of an old fashioned sports team logo, as dated as it may be. It just evokes more of a classic aesthetic - imperfections, odd choices and all. I would vote that they went back to it, and made the blue version a permanent 3rd or something.

Agreed. Not sure why so many people are saying it's a bad logo. Better than the generic clip art one they have no and the Edge era logo looks dated as hell now, worse than the original one imo. It's not perfect but it looks just fine

5 hours ago, Ark said:

cut.JPG

cut.JPG

cut.JPG

These should be their primaries.

I agree. They are gorgeous. However, the blue needs to be lighter...at least a powder blue for better contrast with the black. Similar to the shade of blue the NBA Orlando Magic have.

1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I agree. They are gorgeous. However, the blue needs to be lighter...at least a powder blue for better contrast with the black. Similar to the shade of blue the NBA Orlando Magic have.

So do you want powder blue, or royal blue that both the magic and lighting wear?

I like the Jets Reverse Retro more than I expected, even though I never particularly liked the jersey it's based on. Might've look better in Aviator Blue instead of grey.

The Ducks and Knights had to reschedule their February 26th game for April 23rd, so we won't be seeing Wild Wing until the April 9th game against the Avs. Also, those are the only times it will be worn this season. Commit, you cowards!