2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Adjust your TV lol. According to trucolor, they use the same standard red (PMS 186 C) as every other red team except Montreal and Minnesota

Ha, not sure what to tell ya.  Maybe its the red paired with the gold.

9 hours ago, Bayne said:

It feels like such a cynical ploy to tap into the Chinese demographic to me. Designed practice sweaters are just such a waste of time in my opinion. 

This reads a bit like the cynic calling the kettle cynical.

10 hours ago, Bayne said:

It feels like such a cynical ploy to tap into the Chinese demographic to me. Designed practice sweaters are just such a waste of time in my opinion. 

It's also just one a basic red practice jersey so it really can't be that difficult to produce. 

10 hours ago, Bayne said:

It this any different than the St. Patrick's Day warmups we see from teams in cities with large Irish populations? People enjoy being represented by their favorite team.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

It this any different than the St. Patrick's Day warmups we see team in cities with large Irish populations? People enjoy being represented by their favorite team.

No, not really any different.

To me, they're the Canucks. Focus on that and don't pander to fan groups. Maybe something like the St Patrick's Day dress up doesn't annoy me as much because at least it ties into their brand.

I know I shouldn't care about this and I don't really. It is for a good cause so I'm ok with that obviously. 

1 hour ago, DPHF said:

This reads a bit like the cynic calling the kettle cynical.

Yeah, maybe.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 hours ago, Bayne said:

This is such an odd opinion. It's a practice jersey. It's the sort of thing fans like us should love because it allows teams to do these promotions without compromising the on-ice look. Something like this is totally harmless. 

58 minutes ago, Bayne said:

To me, they're the Canucks. Focus on that and don't pander to fan groups. Maybe something like the St Patrick's Day dress up doesn't annoy me as much because at least it ties into their brand.

They do, during the game. When such things matter. Who cares what they wear during warmups? You don't even see those unless you're at the game. 

58 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Granted at least the St. Patrick's Day stuff is green but other than that...? Nah. The only team that can justify St. Patrick's Day stuff as "brand relevant" are the Maple Leafs thanks to the St. Pats throwbacks. 

Not that it matters. St. Patrick's Day, Chinese New Years, Hockey Fights Cancer, military appreciation night...all of these gimmicky practice jerseys are fine. They're worn for a short period of time before most fans even tune in, and the on-ice look isn't compromised. 
It's a harmless win-win for some good causes. 

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Ha, not sure what to tell ya.  Maybe its the red paired with the gold.

Nah I get what you mean. I had to check on trucolor to be sure. Maybe the lighting in that rink? It does look a bit more on the orange side in that picture

29 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, Ireland didn't kill millions of people around the world this year, though, did it

Yikes

Archived