2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOD EDIT: Quote removed.

Oh, I don't have a problem talking politics (with reasonable people who listen, not just talk and/or shout), but some things need to stay separate. Uniform design is one of those that doesn't need to be tainted by politics.

11 hours ago, IceCap said:

I am, and I'll echo him. Keep this focused on uniform and logo design.

Seconded.  Nobody wants to see this thread bustling with activity only to click into several pages of boorish politics.  Beyond that being against the content rules in the first place. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, Osgiliath-Guard said:

Oh, I don't have a problem talking politics (with reasonable people who listen, not just talk and/or shout), but some things need to stay separate. Uniform design is one of those that doesn't need to be tainted by politics.

Fair enough, but from this point forward, let the mods handle the moderating.

Thanks.

BB52Big.jpg

On 2/10/2021 at 3:04 AM, M4One said:

It has become an annual tradition for the Canucks to wear special warmups for the Chinese/Lunar New Year.  This year is the year of the ox.  They will wear them on Thursday.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like the logo design for this Canuck's warm-up one-off jersey. Plus, it shows how the the 'V' and 'Orca-C' logo would look in red and metallic gold (add a black base and you have sort of throwback color scheme that differentiates itself from Calgary (use of metallic gold and going primarially black base).

I like when teams promote local flavor and combine it with their visual identity (the sharks have a similar program and promote local artist):

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1359608150501036040?s=20

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/photos/321250600/1280x720/cut.jpg

Finally, many in the Avs fan community are now calling the the blue breezer look, 'jorts' and not in a positive way (sadly not John Cena reference):

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/dcc5b62/2147483647/strip/true/crop/3000x2000+0+0/resize/840x560!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F71%2Fc2%2F05141a67406ab331af971ba409c6%2Favalanche-ducks-hockey-22777.jpg

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

5 hours ago, DPHF said:

MOD EDIT: Stay on topic. Thanks. 

(pretty sad that this gets deleted by mods, yet the incendiary comments made prior are allowed to remain.)

You made your comments well after the moderating team had issued a warning to drop the matter. That's why your post was edited. It happens. 

MOD EDIT: Remaining posts are edited accordingly. Bureaucracy and all. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

The blue pants look terrible with the road jerseys. I'm guessing that they may changed the sleeves on the road jerseys to blue to match?

Changing the numbers from black to blue would be enough to make the set coherent. 

11 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Changing the numbers from black to blue would be enough to make the set coherent. 

100% correct with the numbers needing to be blue. But i will go one step further... what about changing the gray trim on the shoulder/arm yokes to blue? That might really tie everything in and give it some balance. Would love to see that mocked up by someone who is actually skilled unlike myself LOL

16 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

100% correct with the numbers needing to be blue. But i will go one step further... what about changing the gray trim on the shoulder/arm yokes to blue? That might really tie everything in and give it some balance. Would love to see that mocked up by someone who is actually skilled unlike myself LOL

Or go back to black where everything basically worked.

They look horrible.  From top 10 to bottom 10 just like that.

5 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

Or go back to black where everything basically worked.

They look horrible.  From top 10 to bottom 10 just like that.

Dunno if I'd call using a tertiary logo color dominantly over the secondary color of your own uniforms "working", necessarily. The logo is predominantly burgundy and slate blue, not burgundy and black; so burgundy and slate blue should be the two most prominent colors, with the others remaining accent colors or just being left purely as logo colors.

2 hours ago, LordD said:

In my opinion it only looks bad because it's different. It makes sense to me for them to have blue pants, especially on the road considering the blue is essentially non existent. 

True, it is different, but for a jersey that is so heavy maroon the blue pants are a bit jarring.

If the jersey had a little more blue (back numbers and maybe instead of the silver outline on the maroon) it would balance better.

Archived