2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have made more sense for Vegas to wear their gold helmets with the alternates.  If they are only for the Chinese/Lunar New Year, then they the retros would have been a better choice than their regular home.  Probably still look bad, but it would at least go with the theme.

Eeesh....on one hand, they’re Goldmember-but-make-it-a-helmet and looks awful. One the other hand, they also look like every drive through Vegas I’ve ever taken, so...I guess if anyone’s going to do it, it ought to be them? 

I guess what I’m saying is it’s terrible and not my thing, but I’m glad it was Vegas of all teams who did it and not, I don’t know, Pittsburgh or something. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Those were completely unannounced right? Like many others have said, it kinda works for them, but chrome gold is overkill, just painted gold metallic with flakes would be an improvement. I do like that some teams could possibly introduce alternate helmets/pants/gloves. Could see Dallas in green gear for special occasions. Nashville with navy helmets. The Avalanche with burgundy pants on the road. Stuff like that. Why not. The NFL kinda does it. If it can be done in moderation of course

spacer.png

Vegas shouldn't get a pass for something that terrible just because "it's Vegas"

Vegas hit a grand slam with their home and aways when they first came into the league. But since, the alternate, RR, and these helmets have just been lazy and awful looking IMO. The arm striping on the alternate makes no sense and is really out of place. The RR is fine i guess for the program, but then they pair it with the wrong colored helmet. And these gold helmets don't come close to the gold color in the jersey. :censored:, why don't they just wear helmets with neon lights on them just because, "it's Vegas."

17 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

100% correct with the numbers needing to be blue. But i will go one step further... what about changing the gray trim on the shoulder/arm yokes to blue? That might really tie everything in and give it some balance. Would love to see that mocked up by someone who is actually skilled unlike myself LOL

no skill here but you might enjoy these:

PTrN4gw.png

7 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

no skill here but you might enjoy these:

PTrN4gw.png

Perfect! Set 1 is absolutely perfect. And i even like switching the arm yoke color on the road white in set 3.

The gray is just a pointless color that might actually be throwing everything off. These all look so much more cohesive without it.

13 hours ago, alecgoff said:

-1x-1.jpg

I feel like Vegas should have made their gold helmets shimmer like Notre Dame, rather than a plain chrome look to match the shine on the uniforms.

Agreed. This: https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/01/DSC_9763c.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Would look better paired with the gold in the Knight's uniforms: https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/14784369_web1_Blues-Golden-Knights-Hockey.jpg?crop=1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Honestly, I don’t hate the idea of a gold helmet in hockey, but that’s probably due to the fact I’m used to seeing Notre Dame wear one. However, Vegas definitely needs to go closer to the Notre Dame style, i.e. less chrome.

spacer.png

This type of gold would better match the jerseys and I think could be a good medium between traditional and unique.

EDIT: Logomaker beat me to it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived