squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

Adding a blue outline to the stripes and making the numbers blue looks more than okay in my book.

avs.png

I have done that mockup so many times.  It pains me that the Avs didn't do this simple tweak to make the whole set cohesive.  The blue pants are not the problem it's the away jersey lacking any blue at all.  Why do they completely ditch a team color on the away set??

I'm trying to think, besides LA stadium series has there been a helmet worn before that doesn't match the jersey or pants?

actually I guess Vegas did it the game before with grey helmet, red jersey, black pants so any team besides vegas?

I really wish NHL teams were allowed to wear dark colored helmets on the road again. I love the way some college hockey teams look with a colored helmet and white jersey. 

Just now, GriffinM6 said:

I really wish NHL teams were allowed to wear dark colored helmets on the road again. I love the way some college hockey teams look with a colored helmet and white jersey. 

Exactly. Looks way too minor league. Like a small market team that can't afford two sets of helmets. No thanks

6 hours ago, NYRFan said:

I'm glad they tried it. I'm guilty of wanting to see it. Now having seen them, DELETE!

As many people before me have noted, the Notre Dame approach would be more cohesive with the overall identity. 

16 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I liked seeing the Blackhawks wear black helmets with their white jerseys during some of their many outdoor games. Not saying every team needs to do it, but it would be fun seeing teams shake things up every once and a while. 

24 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Exactly. Looks way too minor league. Like a small market team that can't afford two sets of helmets. No thanks

Seems like you're disagreeing with what I said haha. 

5 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I liked seeing the Blackhawks wear black helmets with their white jerseys during some of their many outdoor games. Not saying every team needs to do it, but it would be fun seeing teams shake things up every once and a while. 

Agreed. Would love to see the Penguins and Devils in black helmets, Nashville in navy, Buffalo in royal blue occasionally. It would be a fun way to mix things up and not go overboard. 

31 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wearing two sets of helmets makes them look like they can’t afford two sets of helmets?

55 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I'm trying to think, besides LA stadium series has there been a helmet worn before that doesn't match the jersey or pants?

actually I guess Vegas did it the game before with grey helmet, red jersey, black pants so any team besides vegas?

Pittsburgh had gold helmets and black breezers with their white jerseys for Lemieux’s first couple of seasons.  

Per a guy who was in the Lightning front office up thru early 2020.

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Seems like you're disagreeing with what I said haha. 

Agreed. Would love to see the Penguins and Devils in black helmets, Nashville in navy, Buffalo in royal blue occasionally. It would be a fun way to mix things up and not go overboard. 

I am disagreeing lol. You said you like when minor league teams do that, my point is, exactly, let's leave that stuff to the minor leagues

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Wearing two sets of helmets makes them look like they can’t afford two sets of helmets?

Yes. Mismatching on purpose to end up looking like a CHL team. Not a good look

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Yes. Mismatching on purpose to end up looking like a CHL team. Not a good look

But having two helmets doesn’t create a mismatch. I really don’t see what your argument is for going to 1 helmet.

9 hours ago, NYRFan said:

I mean hey, at least chrome obscures the helmet ad!

I see that the Dallas Stars are not the only team this year who made designs inspired by Tron:

nXc1u6n.jpg

Man, I thought the switch to blue pants would be good for the Avs. I was totally wrong. 

Avs’ equipment should be NAVY. Stale blue looked off to me.  I know navy is only for their alternate, but it’s a great colour to replace black for Avs.

Edited by Eastport76
Correction

7 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Avs’ equipment should be NAVY. Slate blue looked off to me.  I know navy is only for their alternate, but it’s a great colour to replace black for Avs.

Navy would look so out of place. Even more than the black did. Atleast the black is neutral. Navy is a clash that appears nowhere else not even the logos.

19 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Et_r-g2VgAAseAX?format=png&name=900x900

That.  Looks.  Awful.  Wow... :blink: