2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we want barberpole, I made a design that was a simplification of @hockey week's Peace Tower concept. This better reflects the name and the history (but I can do without the random stopping of the stripes on the back, now that I think of it).

34187347452_70a02f78ab_h.jpg

I firmly believe that you either have to go full barberpole or full Roman, with no overlap between the two. Also, if there's no center stripe, what's the point of barberpole?

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

"O-gistics: the synergistic dynamics of out-of-the-box forefronts."

FTFY.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

25 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

I made a concept for the Sens a while ago, trying to combine elements of both the barberpole and 90s jerseys. The 90s jerseys with the updated 2D is best-case scenario IMO, but I'd be super happy if they unveiled a set like this:

2Y01Hp4.png

Perfection.  Takes the entire history of Ottawa hockey and distills it into what would easily be a top-5 look.

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I made a concept for the Sens a while ago, trying to combine elements of both the barberpole and 90s jerseys. The 90s jerseys with the updated 2D is best-case scenario IMO, but I'd be super happy if they unveiled a set like this:

2Y01Hp4.png

These are gorgeous.

I haven't been on in a good while, but I saw the notification, and not only do I like your logo, but I REALLY like that secondary logo. Brilliant and simple and packs the right amount of symbolism. Nice work. Would be all for this approach.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

8 hours ago, NoE38 said:

2Y01Hp4.png

I think these would be better with the shield shoulder patch they used on their heritage jerseys. Besides that, although my favourite Ottawa Senators uniforms are the 'O' jerseys, if Ottawa went with your concepts, I would be a fan. This is one of the best Senators concepts I have seen.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, NoE38 said:

2Y01Hp4.png

I'm fully on team =O=, but if they were to go with the 2D this is probably the best they could possibly look.

The problem with the Sens' inaugural white jerseys is that the black completely dominates the red so on TV you can't even make the colour out.

That being said, there are absolutely 90s jerseys that are timeless and would be great to bring back. There are also some that really aren't.

The Ducks, Sharks, Panthers, and IMO Kings never looked better than they did in that decade. I think there's something to the idea that many of the more sunny teams looked better in their 90s threads.

171220-_paul-kariya-ducks-ew-540p_469c7683117038a9fb70ac1257f554e64dd929.jpg

831748180.jpg.0.jpg299913_original.jpg?1301995768

15 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Can I sneak in my Roman/barberpole mash-up I've had sitting on my hard-drive for a while?

JKq2dZJ.png

I like this approach. It borrows from all of the eras of Sens 2.0 hockey in a newish design. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, Point1 said:

The Ducks, Sharks, Panthers, and IMO Kings never looked better than they did in that decade. I think there's something to the idea that many of the more sunny teams looked better in their 90s threads.

299913_original.jpg?1301995768

This picture underlines how bad the current Sharks uniforms are.  How do you make Teal bland...

7 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

This picture underlines how bad the current Sharks uniforms are.  How do you make Teal bland...

They had the perfect chance when they added a Edge version of these some years ago to make a more than welcome change and they didn't..

Well, I still prefer Sens' old logo over their all current logos.  the 1991-2006 one is simply clean and a great balance of red, black and gold. the olive leaves are a great touch.

Perfect fit for a Roman-inspired brand. this underlines their current logo looks way too cartoony. Just look at the differences. 

ottawa_senators-primary_19982022.png

ottawa_senators-primary_20086582.png

See? the old logo is a great example of a simple but well-designed. Much better than they had now.  

The current logo looks sloppy and well, dated.  Of course, they should bring back the black =O= jerseys. they're excellent. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

5 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Maybe Sharks uniforms are bland, but they also lighter which make you faster than ever. You need to remember that! ;)

4r2eer.png

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:39 PM, Morgan33 said:

Perfection.  Takes the entire history of Ottawa hockey and distills it into what would easily be a top-5 look.

Would smush.

Everyone loves a roundel.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:04 AM, mudbug33 said:

These were an Idea, before adidas took over, I had played with not knowing if the team wanted to go back to the black home or stay with the red. a mix of the past and present

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These are not bad!  So glad you did not add white to the black.  That was the first move towards looking like crap.  I'm glad that recognize the Senators OG set looked so great because the arm stripes and hem stripes stated the same across all sets, only the body colour changed.  Pick one shoulder patch and I'm on board!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived