squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

My goodness, that's a beautiful hockey jersey. Probably the best the Panthers have ever looked imospacer.png

Curious choice to go with the regular gloves instead of the Kachina gloves. Oh well. Still looks good. They managed to pull off purple and black jerseys that don't look like the Kings at all. Pretty decentspacer.png

7 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

My goodness, that's a beautiful hockey jersey. Probably the best the Panthers have ever looked imospacer.png

I wouldn't mind at all if it became their new home jersey 

Yup, that Florida uniform is perfect.  So much better than the military getup they wear now...

Arizona’s RR looks good and is a cool throwback, but nothing I would want to see more than a handful of times. 

I love the Kachina look, but I kinda now wish the Coyotes would base their new look on purple. The old/new primary black jersey's fantastic up close with the little details but the black and green gets muddled up too much on TV. I really noticed it the other night where it just looked a little too drab. I'm usually not a proponent of Unique for Unique's Sake, but the Coyotes taking ownership of purple and putting a new spin on their 90s look would really set them apart and look great. I'd have no complaints if the Coyotes keep the status quo with the 90s jerseys being the full time set next year, but this Reverse Retro's too good to phase out.

12 hours ago, M4One said:

I know that the Coyotes are going full on Kachina soon, but if they actually come up with a new design, that colour combo from their retros isn't too bad looking.  Certainly not as dark as the old/new primary.

The Picasso Coyote scheme they used in the 90s, I'd be okay if they brought it back in updated form because it's fitting for Arizona, if they wanted to go back to their roots. However, their jerseys are indeed too dark. And that kachina pattern really could use a massive upgrade. Kachina artworks, outside of hockey, have such a huge variety of creative and beautiful designs. I think it'd be inexcusable, if the team chooses to go back to a bland, outdated jersey. They should take this oppurtunity to make something that would sell better. And also keep burgundy the primary color, the same way the D-Backs do.

10 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

3 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I wouldn't mind at all if it became their new home jersey 

There's been a lot of Florida Panthers concepts that use the updated leaping panther with varied jersey striping that are more or less like the 90s jerseys. A lot of them have serious potential and are better than the soccer shield with the Canadiens front stripe. This Panther head, minus the roundel, is also very nice. The team themselves have made Sabres-esque updates to their original logo, although they choose not the use them for whatever reason, even though they are better...

3 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I love the Kachina look, but I kinda now wish the Coyotes would base their new look on purple. The old/new primary black jersey's fantastic up close with the little details but the black and green gets muddled up too much on TV. I really noticed it the other night where it just looked a little too drab. I'm usually not a proponent of Unique for Unique's Sake, but the Coyotes taking ownership of purple and putting a new spin on their 90s look would really set them apart and look great. I'd have no complaints if the Coyotes keep the status quo with the 90s jerseys being the full time set next year, but this Reverse Retro's too good to phase out.

I don't think a white version would work cause the desert landscape has to stay the same color. Unless they keep the purple shoulder yokes, they would be a purple and black team at home and a white, orange and black team on the road

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The Picasso Coyote scheme they used in the 90s, I'd be okay if they brought it back in updated form because it's fitting for Arizona, if they wanted to go back to their roots. However, their jerseys are indeed too dark. And that kachina pattern really could use a massive upgrade. Kachina artworks, outside of hockey, have such a huge variety of creative and beautiful designs. I think it'd be inexcusable, if the team chooses to go back to a bland, outdated jersey. They should take this oppurtunity to make something that would sell better. And also keep burgundy the primary color, the same way the D-Backs do.

The Kachina jerseys are anything but "bland" 😅

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

There's been a lot of Florida Panthers concepts that use the updated leaping panther with varied jersey striping that are more or less like the 90s jerseys. A lot of them have serious potential and are better than the soccer shield with the Canadiens front stripe. This Panther head, minus the roundel, is also very nice. The team themselves have made Sabres-esque updates to their original logo, although they choose not the use them for whatever reason, even though they are better...

I prefer the original by a mile. The got it right the first time. Where are the whiskers on the updated one? lol

As for the roundel, let's leave that to the late 2000s and pretend it never happened. The palm tree, sun and stick shoulder patch is also much better imo. Just the right amount of cheese for a south Florida team

3 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I agree, while I hadn't really thought of purple as Coyotes colour before the RR release, I really think it's something they can take ownership of. While the Kachina jerseys look really nice under proper lighting, the green, brick and black bleed are muddled on the ice.

I put together this concept not too long ago, which blends my favourite parts of each of their four current uniforms. It's too bad that when they inevitably switch to the Kachina jerseys full time, they likely won't make any major changes to the existing look.

Spoiler

ErfE-quXMAE4_b4?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The Kachina jerseys are anything but "bland" 😅

Okay. Maybe bland isn't the best word. How about uninspired. My point was, with all the uniform possibilities using the kachina theme, I would prefer a tad more creativity and appeal than just re-using a 20 year old product without any updates.

I'm not sure what the overall consensus of the boards is on this, but I would have really liked to see something similar to their hanger effect kachina be used on the jersey stripes where it can be seen. I think it's a nice evolution of the AZ Coyotes brand that should be featured more on the uniform.

---

On the updated Panther(s), the tracing is better.

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Okay. Maybe bland isn't the best word. How about uninspired. My point was, with all the uniform possibilities using the kachina theme, I would prefer a tad more creativity and appeal than just re-using a 20 year old product without any updates.

On the updated Panther(s), the tracing is better.

I do think the Kachina jerseys could use an upgrade to make them a little less dark and muddy. They really are a product of the late 90s and it shows. These are the kind of jerseys that look gorgeous in person and up close, but yeah, things get a bit "lost in translation" even with HD game feeds on modern TVs

Let's politely agree to disagree on the Panthers though lol

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Let's politely agree to disagree on the Panthers though lol

Np dude. ;)

The newer one have a few flaws too and I'll leave it at that.

The Panthers jersey is beautiful but there is something about large white striping that bothers me. I still prefer the original striping 

spacer.png

Minor nitpick about the Panthers retros, which are beautiful.  It's actually more of a complaint about the Adidas template.  I hate how fat/wide the shoulder yoke has become.  It looks okay on teams like the Oilers with a more rounded yoke, but the triangle yoke looks so bloated compared to the original.

16 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

My goodness, that's a beautiful hockey jersey. Probably the best the Panthers have ever looked imo

It'd be even better if it was red but yes, this is the direction the Panthers need to pursue.

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

It'd be even better if it was red but yes, this is the direction the Panthers need to pursue.

I have no strong opinion on whether they should be a red or navy blue team. Doesn't matter which color they choose for the primary jerseys, as long as they use the other for the alternates imo. With that being said, I prefer the leaping panther and slightly cheesy palm tree and stick identity to the SUPER SRS, NO FUN ALLOWED weird military stuff they're going for with their current uniforms. I'm also not sure whether I like tan or yellow stripes better. Yellow is brighter and more fitting for a Florida team, but tan also makes a lot of sense cause it matches the logo and the actual Florida panthers, and frankly, red, navy and tan is not a bad color scheme at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Pelicans are the only other team in the big 4 using those colors

I wish the Panthers had used the stick breaking panther logo for the RR, but other than that I like them a lot.