2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Leaf jerseys, the silver is just so drab. Would have been so much better in white. 

I wish the Canucks had chosen a better jersey to use as inspiration for their reverse retro. If you wanted to go gradient, I would have loved a new take on the  1995 third.

10 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Whalers throwbacks tonight...

The Reverse Retro Whalers jersey will replace the green Whalers sweater in the Canes' uniform portfolio for at least a season.

Each team will wear its Reverse Retro uniform in "multiple games during the 2020-21 NHL season, with special head-to-head matchups featuring exciting and renewed rivalries, both old and new," according to Adidas and the NHL.

"This program allows us to keep our Whalers Nights fresh while maintaining that we are first and foremost the Carolina Hurricanes and will only break out the Whalers jerseys on limited, special occasions," Forman said.

I keep on looking at Carolina's retro and I'm not totally sure if it's okay or not.  I think it is sorta okay.  But, when I look at the whole thing, from the green helmet to the pants, I don't think it looks particularly good.   I'm not a fan of grey jerseys, except for the LA Kings grey alternate. It really is the only grey jersey I think looks good from head to toe.  San Jose's RR might be okay, too, but I'll have to wait and see for the full shot.

The green numbers don't look good on the gray background.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Eum3iO8VgAEfp-H?format=jpg&name=large

These look so much better than I thought they would.

These really should be Vegas’ full-time alternates. Not that I mind the gold alternates, mind you.  Despite being an overused color (red), the jersey pattern and gold really make these pop.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't love the Canucks RR. I loved the publicity shots and was hoping it would look almost as good on ice, but it doesn't. It's ok, but I don't like it as much as I hoped I would.

Most of the RR fall into that category tbh. Florida's and LA's are exceptions so far.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

12 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Not bad. I really like that shade of green. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't mind gradients either

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm pretty sure it's the same shade used on the regular uniforms, it just pops more on the darker blue. I do really like the dark navy/light green combo, I think it works well.

6 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

These really should be Vegas’ full-time alternates. Not that I mind the gold alternates, mind you.  Despite being an overused color (red), the jersey pattern and gold really make these pop.

Wouldn’t want to see these disappear after a season, but I think the Knights do need a gold jersey in their arsenal (even if it’s a little flawed). Hopefully some of these Reverse Retros will stick around in a fourth jersey slot.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived