2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

10 hours ago, Bmac said:

They desperately need a white outline. If we're following the logo design, the numbers should either be green or blue with a white stroke.

A white outline would not help. The problem with the uniforms all the colors are the same tone and they just blend into each other. If they would've just done the obvious like Montreal and reversed the green and blue, they would've been gorgeous. Instead we're given the grey monstrosities. For a league wide project, there are some epic fails (Toronto, Detroit, and the Isles) and you can include the Carolina/Hartford ones in the fail category.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The green numbers don't look good on the gray background.

What's with the amount of alternates and RR jerseys especially with numbers that are hard to see on TV this year? Don't they make tests anymore for that kinda stuff? Ottawa, Toronto, Dallas, Minnesota and now Carolina. Am I forgetting anyone? NYR? Maybe Anaheim's RR because of the weird font?

8 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

They should use those shorts for the away uniform

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Avs should have switched to burgandy breezers for regular unis. 

Is there an NHL rule that says the home and road must have one set of pants? Black pants are the only decent option, if the Avs can only have one. No team has ever had two pairs of pants full-time, excluding alternates and special jerseys.

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Is there an NHL rule that says the home and road must have one set of pants? Black pants are the only decent option, if the Avs can only have one. No team has ever had two pairs of pants full-time, excluding alternates and special jerseys.

I don’t think there’s a rule for home and road, but probably just one pair of pants exists for home and road to make things easier for equipment managers. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

actually...

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don’t think there’s a rule for home and road, but probably just one pair of pants exists for home and road to make things easier for equipment managers. 

Yeah I don't think so either. Vegas has home and away gloves, so it's at the very least possible to do that with gloves. Should be allowed for pants too

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Rockies and Capitals. But that was in the 70s. Maybe they've changed the rules since then

The Capitals had 3 in their inaugural season. They ditched their infamous white pants quickly after realizing it was a bad idea, then they flip-flopped between red & blue pants afterwards for only one season, before ditching the red pair and sticking with the blue.

It's fitting that the previous Colorado team is the other team that used 2 pants, they can go back to doing what they used to do. However, both teams did it for only very short stints before sticking to one pair like everybody else. It could have something to do with equipment issues. I've heard of several different scenarios in that era of sports where something goes wrong and the team is stuck with a uniform error, like when one of the MLB teams in the 70s had their jerseys stolen and the home team had to borrow a shirt from the opponents or something like that.

It might or might not have something to do with an equipment problem.

33 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

Los Angeles Kings too during most of the 1970s.

True. Forgot about them. And if you go all the way back to the 30s-40s-50s, there are probably even more examples of teams wearing more than one pair of pants

With that being said, I think if your team needs two different sets of gear, then your jerseys are probably poorly balanced, color wise. This shouldn't be necessary

Archived