2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More I think about it, Carolina should have went with either a blue version of the Whalers' jersey they have been wearing the past season or gone with a Whalers' jersey in red/black/silver.  Either one would look a whole lot better than what they ended up with.

4 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Habs really need to wear the blue uniforms against the Leafs, of all teams? This annoys me.

They would have looked the best vs Calgary. But at this point I don't think I ever want them to wear those cursed jerseys again, which is a shame cause I think they look very nice

7 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

They would have looked the best vs Calgary. But at this point I don't think I ever want them to wear those cursed jerseys again, which is a shame cause I think they look very nice

Yeah it’s tough (especially for those of us on a forum like this) to divorce the pure aesthetics (they look GREAT in a vacuum) with the fact the Habs should never be blue.

8 minutes ago, Froob said:

Might be a silly suggestion, but with how tame the Flyers jerseys usually are, would anybody else love to see Gritty added to the shoulders of one of the alts, like this one?spacer.png

I've thought about it before, I think it might work but I would wait, don't get me wrong I love gritty but he's only been around 3 years. I think you need to wait a bit longer

3 hours ago, Froob said:

Are Bruins only wearing reverse retro once? That’d be incredibly disappointing. Dump the current alts and make RR the new alt going forward.

They seem to be afraid of wearing yellow. Since 06, they've had the yellow Winter Classic jersey which got worn a handful of times and this year's reverse retro. In that span, they've had 3 different black alternates, one of which was a WC jersey that got upgraded to alternate status. The gold WC jersey never got that even though it was loved by fans.

I've always wanted them to bring back this gold jersey from the 40's as an alternate.

Bruins09.png

3 hours ago, Froob said:

Might be a silly suggestion, but with how tame the Flyers jerseys usually are, would anybody else love to see Gritty added to the shoulders of one of the alts, like this one?

Hard pass.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, Froob said:

Might be a silly suggestion, but with how tame the Flyers jerseys usually are, would anybody else love to see Gritty added to the shoulders of one of the alts, like this one?spacer.png

What's with people and that dumb mascot? I must be getting old and jaded cause I don't find it even remotely funny or amusing. No, they don't need a mascot shoulder patch, what those jerseys need is orange numbers to fill in the outlines. And a black nameplate. And regular sized sleeve numbers

On 2/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Not bad. I really like that shade of green. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't mind gradients either

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm in the minority but I LOVE these. Although I loved the originals back in the day too. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how much better the Canucks look back in traditional outlined block font versus the weak agency font they've been using since the return to blue/green. Still hate that font would love to see them scrap it.

10 hours ago, alexandre said:

Yeah it’s tough (especially for those of us on a forum like this) to divorce the pure aesthetics (they look GREAT in a vacuum) with the fact the Habs should never be blue.

I'm okay with switching things up a bit for a Habs alternate, longs the two home and road jerseys remain intact. But at the same time, I agree that blue is not the Habs color, even though aethetically it does look pretty good. But with the horrendous record in those jerseys, it's another reason why I don't think they'll last.

Three random thoughts:

1. I agree with some recent posters; the B's look great in yellow, and it should be a regular part of their uniform rotation. 

2. Just from watching highlights and perusing social media, it seems like Edmonton is rocking that navy alt a lot, particularly in matchups against the Flames and significant Saturday games. Am I reading too much into this, thinking that the team may be trying to showcase this jersey and might become a navy-dominant team soon? For me, this is a miscalculation. They need to strip it down and start over. 

3. I'm surprised how well the orange v. yellow matchup looks on NBCSN at the moment. Count me amongst the few who prefer the home and away "softer" orange to this red-orange (this seems to be a minority opinion) for the Flyers, but this darker orange does play better against the yellow, in terms of contrast. Solid game to look at, and those bothersome white cuffs aren't really noticeable for the B's.

Archived