2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Point1 said:

Well, I guess I might as well too. I disagree that the Sens original logo isn't dated, the lines are so thin, it looks pure 90s.

5AcrcPl.png

This is pretty much perfect. The only thing I can say is on the red jersey, maybe replace the red outline on the numbers with black. Red makes it look a bit off and creates a sort of effect where it seems like there are gaps in the striping as it blends with the background. Otherwise this is an A+ jersey.

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

Well, I guess I might as well too. I disagree that the Sens original logo isn't dated, the lines are so thin, it looks pure 90s.

5AcrcPl.png

Add the black =O= jersey as the 3rd and this would be a great set.

2 hours ago, Point1 said:

*perfect sens concept*

Wow.  There's just no excuse for the Senators to look the way they do when concepts like this and the one NoE38 posted exist.  Whether they go with red or black as a primary colour, they have the elements in place for a top 5 look.  I honestly can't decide which I like better.

Here's my take from a few years back.  Though I don't think it's as good as the two I mentioned.

IdSRKnw.png

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Looking at all the excellent concepts in this thread, I think it's pretty clear that the 2D centurion works best as a hockey crest. The 3D just looks imbalanced like its trying to escape the circle its trapped inside.

Speaking of that, I’ve never liked the look of the Sens centre ice logo because it’s a oversized decal and cut to fit into the circle. It makes it look like the logo is underneath the ice.

Center-Ice-Graphics.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

Sens have a great identity, it's a shame they've never really used it well.

Am I the only one who doesn't love the 'updated' 2D crest? I get that the 3D logo isn't great either, but there's something a little bit off about that updated 2D version. Maybe it's the weird cape swoosh. I prefer the balance of the old crest - it feels a bit more classic to me, albeit the lines are a bit too thin and it does look quite 90s.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

About the Avalanche wearing Nordiques jerseys.

“Next year is the team’s 25th anniversary season. I think there is an opportunity,” said Declan Bolger, who serves as the senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Kroenke Sports & Entertainment. “We’ve talked about it, but the opportunity has not arose up to now. It’s not the only thing we’ve talked about. We have talked about a lot of things.”

(I find the Nordiques jerseys pretty overrated, but that's not here nor there)

IbjBaeE.png

If the Hurricanes can wear Whalers' jerseys, then the Avalanche can certainly wear Nordiques gear.  They should only wear them against former Adams division teams like Montreal (obviously), Boston, Ottawa,and Buffalo.  Or, against a team that will also be wearing a 90's throwback.  That's the one thing I wished NHL teams did more of (though I understand why they don't), both teams wearing throwbacks.  Whalers vs. Nordiques.  That should happen one final time.

I'm a little on the fence about it, honestly. On one hand, it'd be amazing to see the Nordiques jerseys on the ice again. On the other hand, though; Québec City isn't a Hartford situation where it makes no real economic sense to go back, so it might also feel a bit like a slap in the face (ala what happened when the Canes introduced Whalers Night).

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

(I find the Nordiques jerseys pretty overrated, but that's not here nor there)

Them's fightin' words, 'ya hear me, bucko?!?! 😜 

The Avs played a preseason game at the old Colisee long ago and Sakic, Forsberg, and Foote (the last of the '95 Nords at the time) wore the sweaters for a preseason ceremony. So there is precedent, but my preference would be that they not do that. I wouldn't want to celebrate the Avs' 25th season by reminding everyone of the weird little militantly francophone organization they had to poach. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Them's fightin' words, 'ya hear me, bucko?!?! 😜 

The logo isn’t great and the jerseys are glorified practice jerseys.

58 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I wouldn't want to celebrate the Avs' 25th season by reminding everyone of the weird little militantly francophone organization they had to poach. 

That’s what I don’t like about it. It’s one thing to throwback to a team’s original jerseys for an anniversary, but wearing the jerseys of the team you came from is another.

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Just wear these:

spacer.png

That’ll be fun and not as offensive to QC as the igloo set.

There’s an alternative universe where the Nordiques never left and won the Stanley Cup (maybe 2) in these. 

XM4KeeA.png

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

There’s an alternative universe where the Nordiques never left and won the Stanley Cup (maybe 2) in these. 

But would Patrick Roy have ever been traded to the Nordiques by Montreal.

1) Those were to debut for 1996-97, they missed the deadline to apply for 95-96, presumably because Aubut was too busy hitting the province up for money it didn't have

2) Never in a million years would the Habs have traded Roy within the division and especially not upriver, they still could have made a real go of it with Jocelyn Thibault but probably would have run into a white-hot Vanbiesbrouck or that Wings team that won like 60 games.

But a Quebec City team getting hometown hero Patrick Roy aaaaand eventually Ray Bourque would have been a hell of a story. Just not in those terrible Charlotte Ice Hornets uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived