2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

They should take their 25th anniversary jersey, make a matching white and call it a day. But they'll stick with orange for a long time since they wanna embrace the Orange county thing

The biggest disappointment of the 25th jersey was that it was black. Eggplant would have been the better choice. And yes I know they wont the Cup in black...but it's really boring. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Not following you. I would argue the Kings, Sharks, Ducks, Capitals, Coyotes, CBJ, and Devils still are using an outdated template on at least one primary home or away sweater.

Oh, I was talking more specifically about the side panels continuing onto the pants aspect. The Flames are the only team still doing that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

^Such a nice contrast of colors here and 100x better with the oilers wearing the orange-heavy RR. Would be so much boring if they were wearing their normal road sweaters. the orange breezers are pretty odd (have we seen orange pants in the NHL before this?), but i find myself really enjoying seeing them on the ice. 

5 hours ago, elliott said:

have we seen orange pants in the NHL before this?

No. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I didn't really like the Flyers Reverse Retros when I first saw them but I've grown to love them.

I wish the Flyers would go back to the set they wore in the 90s. And the Reverse Retro would be a better alternate than the one they actually used.

I need a font expert to help me...Why does the Wild name font look so goofy?  It seems like a normal block font at first glance, and sometimes in still shots it seems ok, but there is something weird about the spacing or something ... What's going on?

517002496.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

I need a font expert to help me...Why does the Wild name font look so goofy?  It seems like a normal block font at first glance, and sometimes in still shots it seems ok, but there is something weird about the spacing or something ... What's going on?

I feel you. I never liked any of the variations on the classic block font

On 2/24/2021 at 3:57 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

But think of the (assistant?) equipment manager who's responsible of sewing all those names on the jerseys lol. Oooof. Does anybody know if they use kiss cut for the red outline? Especially for the NOB. I can't imagine every layer is stacked and sewn individually with such a fancy font

reddit says they’re stacked. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/wiki/adidas-styles

no pictures, but I trust it because there’s pictures for everything else. 

also, customization is outsourced for the caps to exclusive pro sports. Nothing done in house, besides maybe minor repairs. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The worst part is both Calgary and Ottawa had really nice jerseys in the 2000's before Reebok Edge came in and :censored:ed them both up to high heaven.

The Flames did (2006-07 is the best they've ever looked, period) but the Sens' pre-Edge dark primary jersey was bad. It wasn't as bad as their Edge set but it was bad. The black alternate should've been promoted to the primary with a matching road version.

6 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Honestly if the team ever wanted to go away from the classic template for any reason, this reverse retro is the way to go. The green looks incredible against the navy.

I'm not overly fond of something as gimmicky as a gradient taking centre stage on the main jerseys. It works well as a fun-alt, but that's it. Especially on a team that's historically had a visual identity crisis like Vancouver, keeping the classic blue and green is the best bet.

Archived