2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

On 2/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wow these jerseys definitely exceeded my expectations. I thought they looked great when they first came out but the whole uniform on ice looks gorgeous. Is this the only time a pro team has used royal blue, athletic gold and light grey? Cause this looks great imo

spacer.pngspacer.png

That logo always looks incomplete to me. Even with the more detailed swords. The goat head is so much better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Yeah, this does work a lot better than the single-outline version IMO.

I'd probably ditch the two-color name since you can barely make out the yellow anyway.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

spacer.png

Every game should look this good. Take a damn hint, Sharks. You're not good enough these days for the excuse of "hem stripes are weighing us down" to be valid (not that it was ever valid in the first place; at least you didn't blow a 3-0 series lead while wearing hem stripes).

Shark are to the NHL as the Jaguars are to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Sharks and Fake North Stars lookin' fantastic, but I could always take or leave the purple/gold Kings.

Exactly. The numbers don’t lie, all the cup appearances came in black & silver. I’d prefer if they ditched the last of the edge stuff on their current set, added a hem stripe on the road, and called it a day.

Eh, I feel like it's time to ditch the black and silver for the main look, personally. Leave it as the look of that championship era of the Kings and do something new to mark the next step in the team's history. Black and silver can represent the Doughty/Kopitar/Quick era like a return to the purple and gold can represent the coming of the Byfield/Vilardi/Petersen era.

They can always keep the pure 90's black and silver look around as their alternate, anyways, so nobody really loses out except the 5 people who think their fossilized Reebok holdovers are good.

On 2/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, Kevin W. said:

That's why I specified the 2006-07 season. They dropped the horse snot alternate so black was only a secondary color (or tertiary in the road jersey's case) instead of a primary.

It was still too much black. If Calgary feels

like they need to have black in the uniforms, it should never be ahead of yellow or white in the colour hierarchy. Pants & helmets should always be red. The league has enough red & black teams as it is. 

5 hours ago, NYRFan said:

How soon before we see some bogus reasons (players don't like certain colors, team record while wearing a uniform) for not continuing to wear a Reverse Retro or anniversary sweater? 🤔

I’ve already heard talk about how bad the Habs have played in the blue jerseys. 

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

I love the black and silver more than the purple and gold kings.

I'm in camp of add a hem stripe to the white and call it a day.

The Kings' black jerseys need stripes more than the white jerseys do. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived