2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

just curious, but uh, how? 

I'm pretty sure he means Bronco State football team, which wear blue at home, and have a blue turf. 

But, at least Boise looks decent.  Dallas, (or any team), in all white, not so much.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Washington looks so much better in their RR uniform.  The edge template looks really bad in comparison now. 

I’m gonna say it...in my opinion, thier reverse retro is the best uniform in franchise history. So much better than the current and throwback “capiLals” sets, is a best of both worlds solution between the great 90’s look and those who prefer RWB, and it just looks right for them. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 hours ago, M4One said:

EwpmAWSUYAQtKPG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nice to finally see the full look on the ice, but any time they wear the old colours is a visual treat.

Dark socks instead of white is an odd choice, but somehow it works. In general it feels more restrained than the original Wild Wing despite retaining all of its sillier elements. The name and number font is horrible, but at least it's faithful to the orginal jersey. If they replaced that with a better font and put the normal duck mask crest on the front it would be an OK jersey design. But the mascot illustration makes this jersey what it is and it was fun to see its return.

Interestingly, Miller switched to his regular orange mask near the end of the game. The Ducks probably should've switched goalies too, but oh well.

Z4LCucp.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m gonna say it...in my opinion, thier reverse retro is the best uniform in franchise history. So much better than the current and throwback “capiLals” sets, is a best of both worlds solution between the great 90’s look and those who prefer RWB, and it just looks right for them. 

I loved the blue/black/gold swooping eagle area uniforms at the time. But they should have left that design with those colours in that era. The red/white/blue version  just feels off to me. But the one element they really should change is the font. For whatever reason,  I feel that font looked more pleasing in the blue jersey than the red.

I saw, I came, I left.

6 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I am with you. That might be top three RR's and should be adopted for a full time look. Just killer.

Meanwhile, the stars.... woof. You can't even read the team name on the crest. The all white makes the star hem look really forced, especially with the matching pant stripe. It just looks like someone started a uniform design and never finished it.

9 hours ago, M4One said:

I'm pretty sure he means Bronco State football team, which wear blue at home, and have a blue turf. 

But, at least Boise looks decent.  Dallas, (or any team), in all white, not so much.

spacer.png

Hey I was at that game!

Okay that comparison makes sense. Yes, Boise State does look good doing this. Dallas, same thing, not so much. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

13 hours ago, nash61 said:

T5KL28y.png

It's like the Boise Broncos played hockey.

I don't love the Stars in all-white. I actually like their reverse retro jersey, but seeing this in action, I think black or green pants would have been better just to break things up.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The colors are great...The socks are dumb. 

Bring back jade and eggplant, Ducks! Keep the current logo if you want...just get away from boring black and orange. 

Agreed

I don't hate the dark socks. There is enough jade on the jersey that they don't look terribly out of place.

Wild Wing on white looks awful because his lines aren't thick enough to contrast on the jersey.

10/10 concept, 5/10 for execution.

In an ideal world, the Wild Wing mascot would have been in the eggplant jersey and the socks would have been white. The dark socks make the uniform seem extremely bottom heavy. And while were at it, the solid gloves suck. They needed the jade cuff and fingers and the silver and white trim. Such a half assed uniform

T5KL28y.png

It's like the Boise Broncos played hockey.

When you want an NFL Color Rush uniform but your mom says "we have NFL Color Rush uniforms at home"

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The colors are great...The socks are dumb. 

Bring back jade and eggplant, Ducks! Keep the current logo if you want...just get away from boring black and orange. 

I feel the opposite. If it's between the current logo in the old colours or the old logo in the current colours, I'll take the old logo any day.

22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I feel the opposite. If it's between the current logo in the old colours or the old logo in the current colours, I'll take the old logo any day.

That's not a bad argument - the third jersey is pretty nice. I just miss the originality of the old palette, especially for a "newer" hockey market like Anaheim. Black and orange have been around the block in the sports world (though the gold is a decent touch but somewhat underused, other than the logo). 

Plus the eggplant and jade would provide more distinction from the Kings (and a bit more distance from the Sharks and home-Kachina Coyotes)...but LA might go back to purple anyway lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived