2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

4 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

What is NWA?? New World Order?

Lol use a search engine, as the answer is complicated. It was the group with Ice Cube and Dr. Dre. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

What is NWA?? New World Order?

N.W.A. / New World Order

Ice Cube What GIF

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/6/2021 at 2:44 PM, spartacat_12 said:

The Tuscon Roadrunners tried their own version of the Kachina with purple trim and a slightly different striping pattern. 

spacer.png

Tbh I've seen a lot of concepts that try to update the Kachina look (simplified striping, sticking with brick/sand/red, etc.), and not a single one has looked better than the actual jersey. I'm expecting Arizona will just bring back the white version of the throwback, and will keep the purple RR around as a full time alternate.

I’m really finding myself liking the Tucson Roadrunners’ Kachina jersey, at least as far as the colors are concerned. They’ve counter-intuitively paired Copper and Purple with Brick Red—albeit on separate jerseys—and come out looking quite nice.

Now the color balance could use some tweaking, but it does match the balance of the Coyotes’ Kachina jerseys; what’s Green on the Yotes is brick red on the Roadrunners, and what’s brick red on the Coyotes is purple on the Roadrunners.

Now to bring my post full circle—Given how good Arizona’s Reverse Retro looks in purple, I wouldn’t mind the Coyotes trying to own purple (as long as they’re around, anyways). I could see them swap out the green on the Kachina jerseys, both home and away, and promote the Reverse Retro to full-time alternate status, though I don’t think it’s likely. I don’t think it happens (a full return to the 1996-2003 set is what feels most likely), but I wouldn’t mind seeing it, either.

(As an aside, there are few jerseys that were as under-appreciated as the Coyotes’ Kachina set when in use.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

46 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Any date on when we'll ses those unreleased jerseys ?

Good odds are before or at the draft, though a lot of new jerseys are released in August/September. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

We need to create a bingo card for the excuses people will make in here for this

Would you rather endless and useless complaining? We all know nothing we say in here's going to matter to the league any way you slice it. Besides, they're not even committed to it yet; it hasn't been finalized, and I imagine it all hinges on how the helmet ads perform and how valuable it actually is to have it around, plus how fast gate revenue can come back into play for most of the league.

And if the NBA's anything to go by...it's probably nowhere near as profitable as one may think to plaster them all over the place. And the NBA is way more valuable then the NHL and way less concerned with traditionalism and aesthetics; so if this dreaded "jersey adpocalypse" hasn't overwhelmed that league, I can't imagine a league as adverse to change like the NHL is going to be diving head-first into ad spam on jerseys, especially since it looks like gate revenue might be coming back to them sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Would you rather endless and useless complaining? We all know nothing we say in here's going to matter to the league any way you slice it.

Besides, they're not even committed to it yet; it hasn't been finalized, and I imagine it all hinges on how the helmet ads perform and how valuable it actually is to have it.

And if the NBA's anything to go by...it's probably nowhere near as profitable as one may think to plaster them all over the place. And the NBA is way more valuable then the NHL and way less concerned with aesthetics; so if this dreaded "jersey adpocalypse" hasn't overwhelmed that league, I can't imagine a league as adverse to change like the NHL is going to be diving head-first into ad spam on jerseys, especially since it looks like gate revenue might be coming back to them sooner rather than later.

"It might not happen" and "It's just the one ad it won't get worse" are crossed off and we haven't even started yet!

Archived