2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

9 minutes ago, joekono said:

The Oilers should have never deviated from the 2015-2017 uniforms. The royal and shade of orange looked waaaay better.

Edmonton Oilers: McDavid, Puljujarvi Tailored For Each Other

Edmonton Oilers Make More Cuts, Trim Roster Down to 33 Players

Edmonton Oilers: Playoff Dreams Are Not So Far From Reality

While I 100% agree with you on the Oilers uniforms my comment that you quoted was about that Columbus third. Like @CS85 said the Oilers had a classic look that they dominated the league in, yet they just refuse to leave it alone. They are constantly fixing what isn’t broken. 

spacer.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers remind me of the Flyers in the early 2000's where they had great home & road jerseys but now replaced the home jersey with what should just be their alternate jersey.

And just like the Flyers with that one lousy orange alternate they introduced in the early 2000s, the Oilers now have a crappy nacy alternate.

50 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The navy alts are objectively one of the worst jerseys in hockey.  The orange homes are in a different tier of quality altogether.  I don't understand why Edmonton keeps trying so hard to not be the Oilers.  They should be one of those franchises that stubbornly stood by a great look instead of doing this dipsy-doo oopsy-daisy uniform gaffe time after time after time.

That's what's so insane is they fixed their mistakes of the 90's and went back to their correct uniforms only do whatever they're doing now. I do not understand what the strategy or thought process is with their recent uniform decisions. It'd be like if the Blue Jays started wearing black and graphite again. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Oilers remind me of the Flyers in the early 2000's 80s-90s where they had great home & road jerseys but now replaced the home colored jersey with what should just be their alternate jersey.

Fixed it. The Flyers' primary colored jerseys should always be orange.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The “very dark navy” adds a nice contrast to the regular navy?

It adds a subtle contrast, which the poster subjectively describes as “nice.”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Not a good sign, when teams start putting their alternate as their home jerseys for playoffs, it always means a future "promotion" for that jersey... Wich, in the Oilers case, is terrible news

It could be a sign that they're switching to navy at home full time, but doesn't necessarily mean it'll be this particular navy jersey. In the 2017 playoffs they made the orange throwbacks their primary jerseys, and that fall they unveiled the current orange home look.

Not a change, but today I learned that the original Flyers jerseys had the sleeve numbers in single-color black twill.  Never knew that.  Also never realized there was orange stitching across the sleeve.

item_74963_1.jpg  149101a_lg.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/6/2021 at 8:43 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

A navy version like this?

Jersey-%20Blue-500x500.PNG

On 5/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, njdevs7 said:

Yes. Although personally I think it would look better without the orange sleeves (and possibly without the orange shoulders too)

A navy blue Oilers uniform that uses the same template as the classic royal blue version would look beautiful. I would definitely keep the orange yokes and sleeves. Otherwise, it becomes just another generic navy uniform.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, Delicate Genius said:

The Oilers are wearing the navy thirds for playoffs.

Not a fan of the stripes or huge arm numbers, but it's still a nicer look than the orange homes. The Oilers should be a blue and orange team, not orange and blue, if that makes sense.

I called that! 

Yaaaay... 😥

On 5/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Not a good sign, when teams start putting their alternate as their home jerseys for playoffs, it always means a future "promotion" for that jersey... Wich, in the Oilers case, is terrible news

When they brought back the blue/orange dynasty era jerseys full-time, it lasted a couple years until the fad faded, then they went with the orange/navy alts full-time.

By the looks of things, the orange/navy phase might be dying down as well.

The problem is that if they make the navys the full-time home, you'd have the entire Oilers logo in neon monochrome, a huge departure from the standard classic crest. That jersey just doesn't work full-time, imo. I'd rather they bring back the McFarlane jerseys. If they're gonna change, might as well go all the way. There's not much you can do with that Oilers look, unless you get a new rebrand from scratch.

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

For the record, orange always comes off as more popular than the dynasty jerseys:

a-sea-of-orange-as-fans-cheer-the-edmont

image-asset.jpeg

"WHO ARE WE?"

"THE PYLONS"

*Mark Messier smirking*

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived