squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Sharks ditching the orange and going for red instead. After all, the area that the triangle in the logo is for is the Red Triangle, not the Orange Triangle.

 

Orange is Anaheim's thing, anyways, as far as the three Cali teams go. I don't think the Sharks need orange to work; but I think they do need at least one vivid color. Removing all the vividness from the logo hurts it, in my opinion; it comes off too dark without that little punch of vivid color.

 

Yeah, if they insist on using a warm accent colour, then I'd definitely prefer red to orange (even a red stick would be tolerable) Sharks, blood, makes sense. Obviously I'd prefer it without though, and no stick. One can dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

Straighten out the top of the triangle and this would be perfect.

 

Not sure. I actually don't think the straight edge suits the shark in this particular style. 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the curve at the top of the triangle. Looks more like a fin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andy said:

I like the curve at the top of the triangle. Looks more like a fin.

Or shark tooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, fl00dsm0k3 said:

I might be in minority. I think the Shark's edge 1.0 set was perfect.

You know what, looking back at them I’m starting to agree. Now, of course not including the chest numbers. But overall I appreciate them a lot more now. even the addition of orange. I used to hate it and wanted to switch it to silver, but I actually just did that on a concept and made it in my EA game and I was actually a little disappointed with it. Something wasn’t right. The orange actually gave it some pop and more of a California feel to me. 

 

i think if they went back to those, no front numbers and changed the shoulder patches it’d be a massive improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B-mer said:

You know what, looking back at them I’m starting to agree. Now, of course not including the chest numbers. But overall I appreciate them a lot more now. even the addition of orange. I used to hate it and wanted to switch it to silver, but I actually just did that on a concept and made it in my EA game and I was actually a little disappointed with it. Something wasn’t right. The orange actually gave it some pop and more of a California feel to me. 

 

i think if they went back to those, no front numbers and changed the shoulder patches it’d be a massive improvement. 


I prefer the silver but appreciate that those uniforms embraced orange properly.  Right now it just looks like they can't decide if they want to keep it or eliminate it as an accent.  The orange bordering just one side of the stripe looks unbalanced and unfinished.  Couple that with the lack of a waist stripe and you have a mediocre design that looks stuck in 2008.

I don't think their first Edge set was perfect but the longer they keep the current blandness, the better it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it would look better or worse on those if the orange was taken off the numbers but everywhere else it remained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Unpopular Opinion: Sabres look better in navy blue. 

 

 

 

Nope, I agree with you. It makes the gold pop a bit more and better matches the mid-1800s US army aesthetic their uniforms appear to be invoking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

No photo description available. 

Flames uploaded there profile picture be this, does this mean retro jersey for playoffs?

 

Probably.  Would not be the first time for the playoffs right?  I am hoping that it is a permanent profile picture change rather than just for playoffs.  Like they should go back to the retro reds and whites as the permanent jerseys for 2020-21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

Probably.  Would not be the first time for the playoffs right?  I am hoping that it is a permanent profile picture change rather than just for playoffs.  Like they should go back to the retro reds and whites as the permanent jerseys for 2020-21.

read other post I put looks like they going full retro in playoffs, second year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ebod39 said:


 

tom cruise what GIF

 

To me, the combination of the words 'Buffalo' and 'Sabres' evokes 1870's - 1880's U.S. Cavalry.

Without knowing the truth of it, I've always figured that the Sabres wore blue and gold because they were the cavalry uniform colours of that era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth is that they wanted to look like the Maple Leafs but had to add an extra color.

 

I've always picked up a "western" vibe from the old Sabres stuff, too, but I wouldn't go any darker than dark royal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.