squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

20 hours ago, hockey week said:

Someone on this board made this image to mock the Florida Panthers' new logo, and they accidentally created the best Lightning logo:

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes - Page 87 - Sports Logo News ...

Make the arch on top white, and then it makes a subtle T. It's brilliant. But considering that the team they're copying is right next door, that's a problem

Montreal doesn't need an alternate logo, but this one isn't bad. Also San Jose's works really well. 

Those were definitely thrown together quickly. There’s a lot of good ideas in there, but some are like off-centered, and the work marks also don’t follow the same curve as the shield...

The Montreal one is really bad, but so is the Oilers and the Bruins...

20 hours ago, hockey week said:

Someone on this board made this image to mock the Florida Panthers' new logo, and they accidentally created the best Lightning logo:

Make the arch on top white, and then it makes a subtle T. It's brilliant. But considering that the team they're copying is right next door, that's a problem

The Capitals one gives a nod to their soccer team DC United.

1200px-D.C._United_logo_(2016).svg.png

Looks like we might be in for a big reveal tomorrow. The heavy fishing theme makes me think it'll be "Sockeyes" that's the final name.

4 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The Lightning alternate logos on the shoulder is pretty solid, despite being a roundel

s-l300.jpg

The vertically arched "Hockey Club" clashes with the radial "Tampa Bay Lightning." Maybe the solution is "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" and let the lightning bolt account for the lightning? Also, it's Helvetica. There's no Helvetica anywhere else, they use a different font for their wordmark (I don't know which, do you?). Use that instead. 

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Looks like we might be in for a big reveal tomorrow. The heavy fishing theme makes me think it'll be "Sockeyes" that's the final name.

I got Kraken as the final name.

2 minutes ago, heavybass said:

I got Kraken as the final name.

I can't see it being Kraken. The entire presentation of the trailer's way too upbeat and bright for that kind of name; you'd think the name "Kraken" would be teased through an ominous storm on the ocean, not a happy little scene of a couple of people hauling a goal lamp up from their net on a fishing boat. Tonally, the trailer would seem to make way more sense for "Sockeyes".

On 7/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, hockey week said:

Literally no to every single one.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Capitals one gives a nod to their soccer team DC United.

1200px-D.C._United_logo_(2016).svg.png

You're giving the creator way too much credit.

Is there a general dislike for the Panthers' shield logo I wasn't aware of? I always thought pretty highly of it

45 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I can't see it being Kraken. The entire presentation of the trailer's way too upbeat and bright for that kind of name; you'd think the name "Kraken" would be teased through an ominous storm on the ocean, not a happy little scene of a couple of people hauling a goal lamp up from their net on a fishing boat. Tonally, the trailer would seem to make way more sense for "Sockeyes".

Unless the final reveal is a sequel to the video with the boat being pulled down by the Kraken...

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

Is there a general dislike for the Panthers' shield logo I wasn't aware of? I always thought pretty highly of it

There's a general apathy towards it. It doesn't really offend many people but it also doesn't rank highly in many people's lists either. I dislike it more because the leaping Panther logo was so effective, and they instead decided to tame it and box it inside a soccer crest. A little dull.

Blackhawks formally ban headdresses and the like from the United Center going forth, which is a good move for good-taste reasons, but no one who's intent on calling them "the Chicago NHL team" is gonna stop because of it.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:20 AM, Ridleylash said:

Coming back to this now since they are now Kraken

On 7/31/2020 at 7:21 AM, heavybass said:

Coming back to this now since they are now Kraken

Yeah that's why it's a teaser - because it doesn't give it all away. 

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Has there been a list of teams that are scheduled or rumored to change looks in the upcoming season?

Ottawa has been confirmed to return to their original look. Buffalo going back to royal blue is also confirmed. Their are some rumors about Arizona going full time retro with a matching white Kachina and Calgary are also rumored to go retro

Appreciate the help. Reason I ask is because the Ducks team shop seems to be really low on Current style sweaters. Just sort of feels like maybe a change is coming. Personally I would enjoy going back to the original color scheme ,logos, and jerseys. I just don't feel like orange and black fits, even though won the cup in that scheme.

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Appreciate the help. Reason I ask is because the Ducks team shop seems to be really low on Current style sweaters. Just sort of feels like maybe a change is coming. Personally I would enjoy going back to the original color scheme ,logos, and jerseys. I just don't feel like orange and black fits, even though won the cup in that scheme.

I believe there's been rumours about the Ducks making a change the past couple of years, maybe making the switch to the orange alternate full time.  Or, maybe that was just people here thinking that could happen.  Anything is possible.  If they aren't, they should consider changes because I think their current primaries are a mess.

Could also be just not having enough stock because of the pandemic and not being able to get the factories up and running.  If they are being sold at a massive discount, that could be a clue to if they are getting new uniforms.