squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2020 at 7:23 PM, monkeypower said:

 

That was me.

 

This is all from a Reddit comment I saw from someone who says they have an in with the Ducks organization, so you know mileage may vary, but IIRC,

  • The Samueli's like the orange jerseys
  • The players don't really like the orange jerseys (with no indication if this is due to the logo, the orange or anything, just that they don't like it for some reason)
  • The players were the ones to choose going with the black jerseys in past playoff appearances when the orange jersey was an option
  • However, the players were big fans of the 25th anniversary jerseys

 

 

To be fair to the Ducks, all third jerseys were quietly removed with the switch to Adidas and I don't remember much fanfare surrounding any of the teams who just decided to bring back the alternates that they had been wearing immediately prior to the Adidas switch.

Those 25th anni uniforms were fantastic.  I hope their new look is based on those.  It was a perfect blend of the era's.  They can still do mighty ducks throwbacks, or OC jersey's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 4:57 PM, M4One said:

 

I believe there's been rumours about the Ducks making a change the past couple of years, maybe making the switch to the orange alternate full time.  Or, maybe that was just people here thinking that could happen.  Anything is possible.  If they aren't, they should consider changes because I think their current primaries are a mess.

 

With the Sens returning to the inaugural look and the Flames likely to go back to their retros, the Ducks would be the final terrible look left in the league. Most teams aren't perfect, but a lot of previous mistakes have been corrected since the switch to Adidas. Plus they've killed it with the two expansion team's looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

With the Sens returning to the inaugural look and the Flames likely to go back to their retros, the Ducks would be the final terrible look left in the league. Most teams aren't perfect, but a lot of previous mistakes have been corrected since the switch to Adidas. Plus they've killed it with the two expansion team's looks.

Honestly, seems like it's a matter of time before the Coyotes go back to the Kachinas, as well; they're easily the most popular of the three jerseys, and the team has done a lot of marketing around them as of late.

 

Wouldn't be shocked if the playoffs are a Pittsburgh-like transition period for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

With the Sens returning to the inaugural look and the Flames likely to go back to their retros, the Ducks would be the final terrible look left in the league. Most teams aren't perfect, but a lot of previous mistakes have been corrected since the switch to Adidas. Plus they've killed it with the two expansion team's looks.

 

There's also Washington.  I actually liked them when they first came out, but have soured on them since.  Winning the Stanley Cup doesn't mean they can't change, as seen with other Cup winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caught a few highlights of the game tonight and something kind of stuck out to me. Do the Blue Jackets have a raised logo on their helmets? It’s conspicuously matte in comparison to their shiny helmets, in the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I caught a few highlights of the game tonight and something kind of stuck out to me. Do the Blue Jackets have a raised logo on their helmets? It’s conspicuously matte in comparison to their shiny helmets, in the very least. 

 

Yes

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canes too, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, squamfan said:

Any news about changes for next season?

 

Buffalo has confirmed they will go to royal blue

Ottawa is getting new jersey based on rumors

Canucks might change third jersey has this year might be for only this year

Ottawa, I thought, already confirmed they were going back to their 2D logo that they entered the league with, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, M4One said:

 

There's also Washington.  I actually liked them when they first came out, but have soured on them since.  Winning the Stanley Cup doesn't mean they can't change, as seen with other Cup winners.

Penguins literally were in the midst of a change in their first of the back 2 backs, then went full time back to their tried tested and true current jerseys. 

 

The worst jerseys to look at are the Oilers ones. They're god awful on TV and in person, that Orange just isn't pleasing to look at, at all. They need to go back to the lighter blue and less neon orange that they used to wear in the 80's. I kid you not, even with a high def TV here, I am 100% fine with every team on tv, but when it's vs the Oilers, I just can't watch. It triggers my migraines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

With the Sens returning to the inaugural look and the Flames likely to go back to their retros, the Ducks would be the final terrible look left in the league. Most teams aren't perfect, but a lot of previous mistakes have been corrected since the switch to Adidas. Plus they've killed it with the two expansion team's looks.

 

The Kings jerseys could be improved. The sleeve piping isn't awful...but it's not great...and the torso stripes being on the white jersey but not the black jersey is odd. I also think they could make the pencil logo silver on both jerseys (to make it even more 90s-like) but they won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I also think they could make the pencil logo silver on both jerseys (to make it even more 90s-like) but they won't. 

I'd rather they just make the banner a secondary and re-promote the crown to primary status, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VC// said:

The worst jerseys to look at are the Oilers ones. They're god awful on TV and in person, that Orange just isn't pleasing to look at, at all. They need to go back to the lighter blue and less neon orange that they used to wear in the 80's. I kid you not, even with a high def TV here, I am 100% fine with every team on tv, but when it's vs the Oilers, I just can't watch. It triggers my migraines. 

 

I'm not the biggest fan of the orange primary, but things could be much worse.

 

spacer.png

 

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Kings jerseys could be improved. The sleeve piping isn't awful...but it's not great...and the torso stripes being on the white jersey but not the black jersey is odd. I also think they could make the pencil logo silver on both jerseys (to make it even more 90s-like) but they won't. 

 

There are absolutely tons of improvements I'd make around the league, Kings included, but they're still decent to look at. They actually have horizontal stripes, and the extra outlines around the logo help it stand out a bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the orange primary, but things could be much worse.

 

spacer.png

Reebok butchered the entire look (as they did with Calgary), but the original is pretty nice looking;

spacer.png

 

Honestly, I actually really like that era of Oilers jersey, and I'd love for it to come back as an alternate someday. It'd be a way better alternate then the dumb Color Rush nonsense they have going now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oilers had it PERFECT here

 

Oilers26.png

And then decided to screw it up. Adding a copper alt would also have been really nice. That, or (less good but still really good) would be switching to the copper set and having the royal/orange be the third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Reebok butchered the entire look (as they did with Calgary), but the original is pretty nice looking;

spacer.png

 

Honestly, I actually really like that era of Oilers jersey, and I'd love for it to come back as an alternate someday. It'd be a way better alternate then the dumb Color Rush nonsense they have going now. 

 

I never understood the red trim on these uniforms. Navy, copper, and white would've worked just fine. Don't know why you'd add a colour that's heavily associated with your cross-province rivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought the copper stripes were outlined in red to 'warm' them up so to speak.  To make the shade of copper, which could appear quite dull on the jersey fabric, lean more towards orange than brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

I always thought the copper stripes were outlined in red to 'warm' them up so to speak.  To make the shade of copper, which could appear quite dull on the jersey fabric, lean more towards orange than brown.


Yeah, that would make sense, especially in the age of experimenting with metallic fabrics. 
 

I’m just happy the Oilers never went crazy with the McFarlane alternate.

 

spacer.png
 

Though, it didn’t look awful with orange added.
 

spacer.png

 

Source of the image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Oilers doing navy/orange, but hate the orange jersey. They should have gone this route. Blends both of their good uniform eras.  
 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A problem that I have with the Oilers set is the pants stripes. They work really well, right now, with the current road, but not as well with the home, and definitely not with a navy home jersey. Plain navy breezers would be the best in matching, but also I’m not a fan of plain breezers. I feel like those stripes can make the difference sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.