2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Unlike the Senators, the Sabres listened about what needed to be done, and now their logo is absolutely perfect!

I feel like the Senators have done exactly that for better or for worse. Everyone has a nostalgia-boner for the original 2D logo, so when they put out surveys asking fans what direction their rebrand should go in...

4 hours ago, ieatstaples said:

I feel like the Senators have done exactly that for better or for worse. Everyone has a nostalgia-boner for the original 2D logo, so when they put out surveys asking fans what direction their rebrand should go in...

If the Padres brought back the late 70s uniforms, the reception would not have been good like it was imo, when they brought back a modernized retro look. In the NFL, the Bucs made the right call, by bringing back to right era. But even they updated the 2002 Super Bowl uniforms.

Every team that made necessary changes to their nostalgia-inspired new uniforms usually got that majority positive reception. The dated flaws of the old look were repaired and polished. The only update made to the Sens 2D logo was that they used the fill tool, to change one of the multiple outlines in that very 90s logo from red to gold. They needed to do a lot more and that's why the new logo hasn't been well received.

Many of the return to their roots rebrands have been successful. But this is one instance where the team missed the mark. The Sabres got it wrong the 1st time, but got it right the 2nd time.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:14 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Why do i have a feeling that the Sabres will screw their new uniforms by not doing exactly what they should

Because the team has been a total dumpster fire on and off the ice for the last 8-10 years.

I'll just be over here breathing into a paper bag to calm myself down...

6 hours ago, ieatstaples said:

I kind of agree that we're going through a 90s nostalgia phase, but as objective as I can be as a lifelong Sens fan, I really think the 2D Sens logo is just... the better logo. I would have liked to see the design modernized a bit, but I'm still excited about the new/old look.

I know we've been seeing a lot of the kachina Coyotes logo, and I've always loved that one too, but I think it works better as a third jersey. The Sharks and Ducks and others have better looks right now, no need to go back in time for them. Not everything from the 90s translates to a better primary logo these days... I just think the Senators one actually does.

11 hours ago, daschuck77 said:

In the drafting phase, that Buffalo with sword wordmark would look nice on the pants of the new uniform.  

spacer.png

cut.png

cut.png

They were slingin’ these at the team shop last year. Not sure if they’ve still got them or not.

Tweet, tweet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

OK I understand the last-minute felt thing better now that I've seen those pics.  Of the two options, I would probably have gone with the one with the thicker white stripe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

OK I understand the last-minute felt thing better now that I've seen those pics.  Of the two options, I would probably have gone with the one with the thicker white stripe.

But best option is without it completely 

I am so glad the Golden Knights used the shade of gold they did rather than Vegas gold, which obviously would have been appropriate. Look how much nicer this looks

1265395089-850x560.jpeg

than this

first-overall-draft-pick-sidney-crosby-o

And by the way that is the pre-Edge Vegas gold. Look how truly awful the Reebok Edge Vegas gold was 

CfHxdXKWwAESu36.jpg

Archived