2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

46 minutes ago, Ark said:

I am so glad the Golden Knights used the shade of gold they did rather than Vegas gold, which obviously would have been appropriate. Look how much nicer this looks

1265395089-850x560.jpeg

I still love those Golden Knights home jerseys... even after the "new team" novelty wore off and they just feel like part of the league now. I just think Vegas nailed it with the identity, logo, jerseys, and colours.

Still impressed after all these years, and wish Seattle could have impressed me like that, but Vegas is a tough act to follow...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

I still love those Golden Knights home jerseys... even after the "new team" novelty wore off and they just feel like part of the league now. I just think Vegas nailed it with the identity, logo, jerseys, and colours.

Still impressed after all these years, and wish Seattle could have impressed me like that, but Vegas is a tough act to follow...

Yeah Vegas nailed it. Time wil tell with Seattle, but I'd hesitate to say they nailed it - they did a very solid identity, but I have several reservations and I don't think the logo is quite as timless/good as Vegas' is.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I don’t think we need to see Seattle’s jerseys in action to know that they’re amazing. I do think that the name might make people hesitate to say they knocked it outta the park, but my personal opinion is that they did. I mean upon hearing the name, I expected to see tentacles everywhere, and all sorts of cheesy designs, but this is a fun look, while still being professional and looking like a hockey team. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

If the actual uniforms are as good as the renderings they released, then yeah, Seattle will have nailed it.  I think the name, logo package, and color scheme are easily as good as Vegas’s.

They could still screw it up - a lot of clubs make changes in between rendering and reality - but they’re off to an amazing start. 

14 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Of course we can't tell with Seattle yet. We haven't even seen a physical uniform yet, let alone in action. I still think years down the road the sentiment will remain much like the Wild: dumb name, knocked it out of the park with the look.

They've been trying to look this good since the day they got rid of it.

goaltender-manny-fernandez-of-the-minnes

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Gold should be Vegas' third color, not their dominant one. I like Vegas' entire kit, honestly, I don't know that I'd change much about it. I think my only real quibble is that I'd want the jersey logo to be the primary print logo, too; I like the added flourish the leaves and bolts give to the design, helps make the logo just that much more substantial visually;

spacer.png

The Saints gold jersey was a) a different shade of gold, b) not sparkly like that and c) had no other colors to mitigate the gold.

This is the best-looking image of it I can find, and it honestly doesn't look that bad

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

But then you have an image like this where it looks like khaki

gold_black_3.jpg

59 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Saints gold jersey was a) a different shade of gold, b) not sparkly like that and c) had no other colors to mitigate the gold.

This is the best-looking image of it I can find, and it honestly doesn't look that bad

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

But then you have an image like this where it looks like khaki

gold_black_3.jpg

It was dazzle twill, you are wrong, there are other examples too like Washington wizards faux back that is universally hated too.

18 hours ago, Ark said:

Don't forget that the gold material on the jersey looks like this

tmTyv5s.jpg

An entire jersey made of that material would be beautiful.

Less is more.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived