squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

46 minutes ago, Ark said:

I am so glad the Golden Knights used the shade of gold they did rather than Vegas gold, which obviously would have been appropriate. Look how much nicer this looks

1265395089-850x560.jpeg

I still love those Golden Knights home jerseys... even after the "new team" novelty wore off and they just feel like part of the league now. I just think Vegas nailed it with the identity, logo, jerseys, and colours.

Still impressed after all these years, and wish Seattle could have impressed me like that, but Vegas is a tough act to follow...

16 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

I still love those Golden Knights home jerseys... even after the "new team" novelty wore off and they just feel like part of the league now. I just think Vegas nailed it with the identity, logo, jerseys, and colours.

Still impressed after all these years, and wish Seattle could have impressed me like that, but Vegas is a tough act to follow...

Yeah Vegas nailed it. Time wil tell with Seattle, but I'd hesitate to say they nailed it - they did a very solid identity, but I have several reservations and I don't think the logo is quite as timless/good as Vegas' is.

Of course we can't tell with Seattle yet. We haven't even seen a physical uniform yet, let alone in action. I still think years down the road the sentiment will remain much like the Wild: dumb name, knocked it out of the park with the look.

I don’t think we need to see Seattle’s jerseys in action to know that they’re amazing. I do think that the name might make people hesitate to say they knocked it outta the park, but my personal opinion is that they did. I mean upon hearing the name, I expected to see tentacles everywhere, and all sorts of cheesy designs, but this is a fun look, while still being professional and looking like a hockey team. 

If the actual uniforms are as good as the renderings they released, then yeah, Seattle will have nailed it.  I think the name, logo package, and color scheme are easily as good as Vegas’s.

They could still screw it up - a lot of clubs make changes in between rendering and reality - but they’re off to an amazing start. 

14 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Of course we can't tell with Seattle yet. We haven't even seen a physical uniform yet, let alone in action. I still think years down the road the sentiment will remain much like the Wild: dumb name, knocked it out of the park with the look.

They've been trying to look this good since the day they got rid of it.

goaltender-manny-fernandez-of-the-minnes

I like what Minnesota has now but that jersey definitely makes better use of their unique colour palette.

Can't say I agree that Vegas "nailed it." They should be wearing gold, not charcoal.

spacer.png

Just now, Lights Out said:

Can't say I agree that Vegas "nailed it." They should be wearing gold, not charcoal.

spacer.png

The saints gold jerseys are why that’s a bad idea.

Sorry, no. Gold could maybe work as a third, but not as their primary home jersey color. 

17 hours ago, Lights Out said:

spacer.png

We’ll see what they unveil this fall, it really depends how they nail the gold colour

Gold should be Vegas' third color, not their dominant one. I like Vegas' entire kit, honestly, I don't know that I'd change much about it. I think my only real quibble is that I'd want the jersey logo to be the primary print logo, too; I like the added flourish the leaves and bolts give to the design, helps make the logo just that much more substantial visually;

spacer.png

Don't forget that the gold material on the jersey looks like this

tmTyv5s.jpg

An entire jersey made of that material would be beautiful.

4 minutes ago, Ark said:

tmTyv5s.jpg

Disagree, the saints gold jersey showed that would be a bad choice 

The Saints gold jersey was a) a different shade of gold, b) not sparkly like that and c) had no other colors to mitigate the gold.

This is the best-looking image of it I can find, and it honestly doesn't look that bad

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

But then you have an image like this where it looks like khaki

gold_black_3.jpg

59 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Saints gold jersey was a) a different shade of gold, b) not sparkly like that and c) had no other colors to mitigate the gold.

This is the best-looking image of it I can find, and it honestly doesn't look that bad

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

But then you have an image like this where it looks like khaki

gold_black_3.jpg

It was dazzle twill, you are wrong, there are other examples too like Washington wizards faux back that is universally hated too.

I don't mean the Saints gold uniforms wasn't shiny, you can tell it was from the picture of Aaron Brooks. 

But the Golden Knights and the Saints clearly use(d) very different material.

18 hours ago, Ark said:

tmTyv5s.jpg

Less is more.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

What if the whole cake were made of frosting?

Is it shiny? embossed frosting?