2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

On 1/4/2020 at 6:47 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The original Coyotes uniforms were never "good."

They've reached the age where people look back fondly on the design trends of that era and enjoy seeing them back for nostalgia's sake. Same with the fishermen jerseys, flying V's, Pooh Bears, Those horrible St. Louis thirds that look like a preschool ate a box of crayons and then threw up on them, etc

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Bmac said:

As a Minnesota fan I'm upset that they continue to delay a third jersey. Should've been this season, but it was scrapped. Can't do next season because of the Winter Classic, and apparently can't do the following season because of league-wide throwbacks.

Can't they just release a third jersey in the same season as the WC or throwback jersey?

9 hours ago, Bmac said:

As a Minnesota fan I'm upset that they continue to delay a third jersey. Should've been this season, but it was scrapped. Can't do next season because of the Winter Classic, and apparently can't do the following season because of league-wide throwbacks.

Can't they just release a third jersey in the same season as the WC or throwback jersey?

The wild need to fix that home jersey of theirs before they start thinking about a third. This teams identity has been a mess since rbk edge. Not a single time since have they had a matching home and away set, from the original 00's away, red faux backs, green faux backs, new away jerseys, new home jerseys, and still they cant figure it out. The fact that they cant even get something as simple as having the numbers on the arms match the numbers on the back of their home jersey gives me little hope for anything this team puts out. 

12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

They've reached the age where people look back fondly on the design trends of that era and enjoy seeing them back for nostalgia's sake. Same with the fishermen jerseys, flying V's, Pooh Bears, Those horrible St. Louis thirds that look like a preschool ate a box of crayons and then threw up on them, etc

The Kachina jerseys are far beyond the Flying V and the Fisherman. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, Chromatic said:

This is a pretty dismissive statement.  You're essentially saying that nobody can appreciate the Kachina look on its own aesthetic merits and that anyone who does is just blinded by nostalgia.  What I like about them is how fresh that colour scheme looks after 15 years of the Coyotes being just another, red, white and black team, albeit with burgundy or 'brick.'  What was novel in 2003 looks tired today IMHO.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

This is a pretty dismissive statement.  You're essentially saying that nobody can appreciate the Kachina look on its own aesthetic merits and that anyone who does is just blinded by nostalgia.  What I like about them is how fresh that colour scheme looks after 15 years of the Coyotes being just another, red, white and black team, albeit with burgundy or 'brick.'  What was novel in 2003 looks tired today IMHO.

No I'm not.

22 hours ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Not a single time since have they had a matching home and away set

They’ve always liked having different looks for each of their uniforms. Seems like the ’Canes have a similar vision.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

They’ve always liked having different looks for each of their uniforms. Seems like the ’Canes have a similar vision.

I was going to mention that, carolina is suffering from the same problem but not as bad, since 2013. Not sure why they couldnt just make matching jerseys like these i'll never understand.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Do you know if there are any of the teams out of the Panthers, Golden Knights, Rangers, Red Wings, Wild, and Predators still going ahead with a new alternate uniform this season?

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Do you know if there are any of the teams out of the Panthers, Golden Knights, Rangers, Red Wings, Wild, and Predators still going ahead with a new alternate uniform this season?

Honestly, no. Once something is designed and approved for sample, the fate of it is essentially up to the team. A lot can (and does) happen in 18 months, and there are always new projects that we have to focus on.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Honestly, no. Once something is designed and approved for sample, the fate of it is essentially up to the team. A lot can (and does) happen in 18 months, and there are always new projects that we have to focus on.

I don't remember exactly where I saw it but the plans for the Rangers and Red Wings alternates are shelved due to on-ice testing not going as well as previously planned.

Vegas, as far as I know, still has their third planned.  For the other teams, I don't know what is going on.

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

What are the restrictions between team approval and AndyHarry's presentation of "Unused hockey jerseys"? If they don't unveil them at all, are there time or NDA restrictions?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

The bear head logo gets washed out against a green background. I assume that’s the point of the chest stripe. 

It looked perfectly fine to me on the original green jersey and winter classic jersey. Plenty of contrast from the cream, yellow and red. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Do the sabres, coyotes and kings need a chest stripe to keep their logo which is mostly the same color as their base color from getting washed out of their home jersey?

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I don't remember exactly where I saw it but the plans for the Rangers and Red Wings alternates are shelved due to on-ice testing not going as well as previously planned.

Vegas, as far as I know, still has their third planned.  For the other teams, I don't know what is going on.

I really want to see them now.  If they failed testing, it makes you wonder how bad they could be if Tampa's third got the thumbs up.

8 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I think the Wild are in the same boat as the Wings and Rangers with the testing. They were supposed to have black jerseys I think.

Archived