squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

If there's one thing the Wild shouldn't do, it's replace their insanely clever primary logo with a wordmark.

No teams (except for the Rangers) should have a wordmark instead of a logo, always tought it was cheap and lazy

51 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

No teams (except for the Rangers) should have a wordmark instead of a logo, always tought it was cheap and lazy

Unless the wordmark is part of the actual crest. Ie. the Oilers, Maple Leafs, original Jets, Canucks(Skate).

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Nah

504914679.jpg.0.jpg

SD_SD200810358777880AR.jpg

I loved, and I guess still love, those Colorado jerseys.

And looking at that Forsberg pic and the All-Star pic on the previous page, holy did jerseys used to be baggy. The shrinking of the jerseys with the switch to EDGE was a great move.

Those both are fantastic, but also should just be thirds.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, the admiral said:

Cheesecake is a pie! You can't frost with cheesecake filling. 

I would consider cheesecake to be more of a custard, and therefore, in the pudding category. 

4 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Unless the wordmark is part of the actual crest. Ie. the Oilers, Maple Leafs, original Jets, Canucks(Skate).

lol I don't think there was going to be any confusion there.

Btw none of those are wordmarks, they're just logos.

8 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I would consider cheesecake to be more of a custard, and therefore, in the pudding category. 

Perhaps you could say...a custard pie.

10 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

In a pastry crust, therefore a pie.

On 8/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, Bayne said:

Back when the Stars looked mean. This is a far better look than what they use now IMO

Not a bad look, but it would have looked better if they kept the kelly green trim like they did with the original version of this uniform.  They did the right thing by widening the stripes but the green was a bit too dark as a trim colour on the black uniforms.

I do prefer today's uniform because we finally have a team back in the NHL what wears a kelly green jersey as their primary look.  A downside with it is it looks like a green version of a Chicago Blackhawks uniforms.  Could use a minor redesign and add some silver trim in the uniform to go with the black trim.

Eh, I don't think those inaugural Stars uniforms would hold up well; they're very much a holdover of the 80's aesthetic period with the large straight arm yokes. Honestly, my ideal Stars jersey is the star design with the modern logos and color scheme, which I think could look really sharp on the ice.

Not sure if it means anything, but the Flames changed their profile picture for their retro white logo instead of the black C. Might it be a sign for a retro switch ?

16 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Carolina's aways are so good looking that it doesn't even matter they shortened their name

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Carolina's aways are so good looking that it doesn't even matter they shortened their name

spacer.png

True, but if you put the regular logo on the same template it would look a lot better.

20 minutes ago, _J_ said:

True, but if you put the regular logo on the same template it would look a lot better.

Nah, I've never liked the Canes' normal logo. Put the double-flag on the front as the team's primary, instead, and we'd have a winner.

21 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Nah, I've never liked the Canes' normal logo. Put the double-flag on the front as the team's primary, instead, and we'd have a winner.

The double-flag Canes logo is an example of a good-looking secondary logo and shoulder patch.  To me, it does not work well as a primary crest on the jersey.  Maybe it is the symmetry of how it looks on the front of the jersey, but just don't like it as a primary crest.

25 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The double flag sucks. Its awkward and off balanced, and it looks clipart-y. The single flag may not have been technically accurate as far as the name "Hurricanes" goes, but it looked much better as a logo. It doesn't help that they chose to stick it on a black ice jersey either.

I like the black jersey crest from this @Morgan33 design:

spacer.png

The CH-warning flag is a good way to tribute the Whalers’ crest.