squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

My two favourite ASG uniforms both featured diagonal script.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ark said:

 

I think this is severely harmed by being a horrible Fanatics replica.

 

I suspect the actual jersey and uniform will look really nice.

 

I wish it had more gold though.

 

It's also a women's jersey cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the key to having a diagonal script jersey is using the right amount of characters. "RANGERS" being 7 letters is probably the perfect amount. It's not too crowded and has a natural middle being that it's an odd number of letters. It's why the Minnesota ASG uniforms above work so well too. In my opinion, "PITTSBURGH" is way too many letters to pull off properly and there seems to be too little going on with the "WALES" jersey pictured above as well. In the case of the Hurricanes, other than the fact that it's dumb to use a shortened nickname on a uniform, I think the letters are too big to work properly since it's 5 characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 8:43 PM, Ark said:

I think this is severely harmed by being a horrible Fanatics replica.

 

I suspect the actual jersey and uniform will look really nice.

 

I wish it had more gold though.

 

Yeah, I think the DHGate leak is probably the closest to what we'll actually see.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calgary Flames recently changed their Twitter picture to the retro logo and are hinting at an October 5th announcement for returning to retro full time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KBacon93 said:

Calgary Flames recently changed their Twitter picture to the retro logo and are hinting at an October 5th announcement for returning to retro full time

 

They should have done that back in 2011 or 2012, when they first introduced the retro jersey. I know plenty of people want to defend the Flames using black (heck, I think it could work as subtle trim to separate white and yellow), but I think this baby needs to leave with the bathwater it's in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the new kachina pattern the Arizona Coyotes use in the hanger effect of their current jerseys.

 

I've been thinking that something along those lines could make for a really nice striping pattern, instead of straight up using the dated 90s retros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad logo aside, I do also find it kind of disappointing that Ottawa essentially chose to use the same striping as the Laffs with red and black in lieu of blue and white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I really like the new kachina pattern the Arizona Coyotes use in the hanger effect of their current jerseys.

 

I've been thinking that something along those lines could make for a really nice striping pattern, instead of straight up using the dated 90s retros.

I did something similar a couple years ago (see spoiler) though I really think the best move at this point is to either go all-in Kachina or to mix Kachina stripes with their current identity.

Spoiler

5d1ed013ee3b9d0fac991ac0_0706-lucasdaitc

 

On another note, looks like the Flames are unveiling new jerseys October 5th. Using a darker red in their profile too, which would be a nice surprise, though I feel like that's unlikely.

 

EiSPXoaWoAAZBpz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I did something similar a couple years ago (see spoiler) though I really think the best move at this point is to either go all-in Kachina or to mix Kachina stripes with their current identity.

  Hide contents

5d1ed013ee3b9d0fac991ac0_0706-lucasdaitc

 

 

Same here:

 

pIq1USF.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Sad logo aside, I do also find it kind of disappointing that Ottawa essentially chose to use the same striping as the Laffs with red and black in lieu of blue and white

 

The perfect template is already there.

 

m_5c72c5c604e33d2354876093.jpg

 

Restore the updated 2D logo on it (and a new Peace Tower patch), use the current block font, and you're set. Heck, Binghamton showed that the pattern worked well on white/reduced in size!

 

043938a5a2488be5.jpgs-l300.jpgeea8414be71f473e.jpg

 

Either go full Roman (as seen here) or full Silver Seven (like the old alternates). Trying to have both doesn't work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that set with a modernized 2D logo as the primary, the Peace Tower as the secondary and the heritage sets as the alternates would just be mwah. The peak Senators look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Sad logo aside, I do also find it kind of disappointing that Ottawa essentially chose to use the same striping as the Laffs with red and black in lieu of blue and white

 

I do not like that the hem stripe has been moved all the way to the bottom unlike the original, but I never thought about the comparisons to the Leafs until you pointed it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, KBacon93 said:

Calgary Flames recently changed their Twitter picture to the retro logo and are hinting at an October 5th announcement for returning to retro full time

 

NHL 21 has a new trailer (posted Sep 18) that continues to show the current unis with a new number font...so while I'm expecting both retros to be announced, this continued preview of current unis with new font is interesting.

 

Also, there's some quick footage of the Sabres blue jerseys in the trailer, and they look great.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

NHL 21 has a new trailer (posted Sep 18) that continues to show the current unis with a new number font...so while I'm expecting both retros to be announced, this continued preview of current unis with new font is interesting.

 

Also, there's some quick footage of the Sabres blue jerseys in the trailer, and they look great.

 

 

It’s EA, they’ve had history of making inaccurate uniforms, especially before they update them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dont care said:

It’s EA, they’ve had history of making inaccurate uniforms, especially before they update them.

They got Buffalo's pretty much perfect. Can't see why they'd mess up horribly on the Flames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dont care said:

It’s EA, they’ve had history of making inaccurate uniforms, especially before they update them.

 

But the style of the Flames jerseys in the trailer aren’t new...just the font...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.