2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

Just now, WSU151 said:

But the style of the Flames jerseys in the trailer aren’t new...just the font...

Easy to do. Programmer looks up flames font file and selects the retro one by mistake. EA is such trash, especially with quality control that could get overlooked.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I have to say is that it's impossible to find good pics of the Senators from the early 90s.

But I really like the first Sens uniforms because they remind me of a suit, and I love that. Similar to the 92-93 penguins road uniforms, but even better in that regard.

13 minutes ago, Ark said:

One thing I have to say is that it's impossible to find good pics of the Senators from the early 90s.

But I really like the first Sens uniforms because they remind me of a suit, and I love that. Similar to the 92-93 penguins road uniforms, but even better in that regard.

Remind me not to go to your tailor if that reminds you of a suit

It's quite amazing how bad Fanatics (and thus, NHL Shop) is at being the Official NHL Store.

Any other league unveils new logos, and Fanatics is there, Day 1, with brand new shirts and hats and a lot of other stuff (even during the pandemic)

Buffalo and Ottawa officially unveil new logos and Fanatics is like "Huh???? Wait what...what happened now?" Fanatics is still using the old Sens logo in the team select menus.

Buffalo's local shop (shoponebuffalo.com) and Ottawa's local shop (ottawateamshop.ca) at least have some new stuff. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's quite amazing how bad Fanatics (and thus, NHL Shop) is at being the Official NHL Store.

Any other league unveils new logos, and Fanatics is there, Day 1, with brand new shirts and hats and a lot of other stuff (even during the pandemic)

Buffalo and Ottawa officially unveil new logos and Fanatics is like "Huh???? Wait what...what happened now?" Fanatics is still using the old Sens logo in the team select menus.

Buffalo's local shop (shoponebuffalo.com) and Ottawa's local shop (ottawateamshop.ca) at least have some new stuff. 

Still takes 9+ months before they can ship it though. Fanatics is trash and it’s monopoly is the worst thing to ever happen in sports merchandise.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, ldconcepts said:

On another note, looks like the Flames are unveiling new jerseys October 5th. Using a darker red in their profile too, which would be a nice surprise, though I feel like that's unlikely.

EiSPXoaWoAAZBpz?format=jpg&name=900x900

I remember seeing a video on Instagram with Matt Tkachuk and another player doing a skill competition, with both player wearing the retro set (Red and White). Maybe that's another sign

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Now can we get these back?

8d2cf7a672868113c8324a5d5e3c06ad.jpg

This is an example of a return to throwbacks phase that reached the end of it's shelf life. Royal blue and orange isn't one of the best color schemes. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed seeing the Oilers retros make a comeback for throwback nights.

At one point, they stopped selling as much. The orange and navy alternates took it's place. The blue jerseys didn't even last that long, if I remember correctly.

51 minutes ago, squamfan said:

come Canucks now your turn

The Canucks just had their turn when they removed the arched script and improved the shoulder patch.  What they use now is better than anything they've ever worn.  The original set from 1970 uses the colour scheme incorrectly on the homes (blue and green touch) and the Skate was never a particularly strong design to begin with.  It just happened to coincide with an improbable cup run.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

how-to-use-the-color-wheel-to-create-col

The shade of orange Edmonton uses is darker than that orange mixed with yellow.

I just prefer the darker blue with the Oilers logo and jerseys. I just find that it works a better.

58 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣% agree. However, the Canucks need to stick with their original/current Vancouver, BC colours of blue, green and white.🔵⚪🟢

For some reason, they made updated versions of the majority of their classic logos, but always decided to stick with the Orca as the primary. Some of these modernized secondary logos have been around since 2007.

I agree to keep the current colors but bring back the Flying Skates for special events.

Archived